This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Linking errors while using Symbian 9.2 ( S60 FP1 )

Linking errors while using Symbian 9.2 ( S60 FP1 )

Postby CountZero » Aug 3, 2007 @ 11:08pm

Hi all,
My first post - I was trying to compile the HelloWorld sample for my Nokia N95 but it complains during the linking stage:

F:\AEL\edge\lib\symbian-s60_e3rd\edge.lib(edge.o): (.rodata+0x1a0): undefined reference to `CCoeAppUi::CCoeAppUi_Reserved1()'
F:\AEL\edge\lib\symbian-s60_e3rd\edge.lib(edge.o): (.rodata+0x1a4): undefined reference to `CCoeAppUi::CCoeAppUi_Reserved2()'

Am I missing something here or is EDGELIB incompatible wtih the S60 FP1 (Symbian 9.2) ?

Thanks in advance!
CountZero
pm Member

Postby CountZero » Aug 5, 2007 @ 7:33pm

Bump. Any help here would be appreciated greatly. Thanks!
CountZero
pm Member

Postby edge » Aug 6, 2007 @ 8:36am

Hi CountZero,

The EDGELIB library file has been built with the Symbian 9.1 SDK and is incompatible with the feature pack 1 SDK. We recommend downloading the first SDK for Series 60 third edition to build your application.

When building with the first Series 60 third edition SDK, your application will be compatible with earlier phones like the E60. Symbian is backwards compatible, so your application will also work on the N95.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby CountZero » Aug 7, 2007 @ 2:19pm

Thanks. I downloaded the 1st sdk and it works fine.
CountZero
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions