This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Issue in True Type Fonts

Issue in True Type Fonts

Postby Nacho84 » Feb 28, 2008 @ 1:26pm

Hi! I'm working along with the artist that is in charge of the GUI layout of my project and we've came across a little problem with fonts.

He decided to use for certain sections of the UI the Tahoma font that is bundled with Windows (more specificallt, Tahoma Bold 11 pt). I used the "EDGELIB Font Maker" program to create the png file to be used as an RGB surface (no antialiasing) but, somehow, there are visual differences between the screenshot the artist sent me and what my program is displaying.

I attach a rar file with the two screenshots so that you can see them. Any hint of can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

--Nacho

Edit: Title mispelled.
Attachments
TahomaFontRender.rar
(42.34 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Nacho84
pm Member

Postby edge » Feb 29, 2008 @ 10:58am

Hi Nacho,

When we export the Tahoma font with 11px height, it doesn't look like the screenshot you've attached. Perhaps you're using the bold version of the font? For example, in our file the L is less thick. It could also be that you've exported the anti-aliased version of the font, and imported it as an RGB surface.

For font surfaces I really recommend using RGBA and anti-aliasing when using the font maker tool.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby Nacho84 » Feb 29, 2008 @ 3:36pm

Nacho84
pm Member

Postby edge » Feb 29, 2008 @ 4:05pm

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby Nacho84 » Mar 2, 2008 @ 1:44am

edge,

I gave the artist the font template and he managed to create the proper font based on it. It looks neat now, so thanks again for your help. :)

--Nacho
Nacho84
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions