This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

click issue on windows mobile professinal 6.0 emulator

Postby bcj » Nov 10, 2009 @ 7:55pm

hi...

I develop a game in win32 , and convert it to windows mobile professional 6.0 suitable cab file .

in my game i want to hit some sprites .so on windows it works fine for click issue .

But in emulator to hit sprites , i use mouse clicks . while i am clicking at bottom of emulator screen , the background emulator menu options (like close button,time button ,menu button ..etc) are activating and my game screen and game stops running.

i don't know why this happens. though my game occupies full screen of emulator why the emulator buttons are activating on the game screen .

can anybody tell me the reason for this and provide me the solution for this.

Also confirm , me that GetClickEvent()will support touch functionality of real windows mobile or not?
if it does not support touch. how could i can provide that .

Thanks in Advance for your reply....
bcj
bcj
pm Member

Postby edge » Nov 12, 2009 @ 11:51am

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby bcj » Nov 18, 2009 @ 6:49pm

hi...EDGE

for the time being , i didn't check with the Animate3D sapmle installation in my emulator .
i will test it and will send you the response .

But, in my game the click problem in VGA emulator is still there.
i test my apllication with by setting different config parameters ,like fullscreen , fullscreen mouse ..etc. but the problem is not solved .

can you give me the solution for this .

waiting for your reply.... thanks in advance .
bcj
bcj
pm Member

Postby bcj » Dec 9, 2009 @ 7:33pm

hi...
first of all , sorry for my big post here....

i tested with the Animate3D ,Blaster samples cab files running in my emulator , they are working fine.
the above click problem not coming for them ,

the click issue is still not solved in my game while running in the emulator . the same problem occured in the real device (htc touch mobile also ).

ie ...while game runs,the mobile buttons('x'minimize button, volume button .. menu buttons ) are activating and game going to minimize state.

i dont know why this happens...can anybody face the same problem . and please give me the solution for this .

my cofig settings of game are as follows ....

OnFrameworkConfig(EFRAMEWORKCONFIG *config)
{
config->flags=EFL_NOTEARING;

#if defined(DEVICE_DESKTOP)
config->focusminimize = false;
#else
config->focusminimize = true;
#endif
}
and

OnDisplayConfig(EDISPLAYCONFIG *config)
{
config->orientation = DOR_LANDSCAPE;
config->fullscreen=true;
config->menu = 0;
config->dialogbox = 0;
config->videotype = EDSP_DEFAULT;
config->emulvideotype = EDSP_DEFAULT;
config->openmethod = DOM_DEFAULT;
config->surfacedefault = EST_SYSMEMORY;
config->dspnative = true;
config->surfprerotate = true;
}

once see my game settings... did i make any..mistake in these settings or i nee to do some other settings . please reply me

and suggest me the suitable setting , to disable the mobile or emulator standard buttons on to the game screen ( while game runs ).

this is the final issue to be solved in my game .plz help me

thanks in advance for for your help.
waiting for reply.....
bcj
bcj
pm Member

Postby edge » Dec 11, 2009 @ 7:54pm

Hi,

Your settings seem fine, although I recommend commenting them out (to enable the default settings) and see what happens. You can also copy the settings from the helloworld sample.

Did you re-build the EDGELIB samples yourself? Perhaps there is a problem in your programming environment. Also, you can try putting your game code into one of the EDGELIB sample projects and see if there is some improvement. Finally, check if the correct headers and libraries are included and verify your EDGELIB installation.
edge
pm Member

Postby bcj » Dec 12, 2009 @ 8:55pm

hi...Edge,

Thanks for your reply. According to your suggestion i will again test my project environment,
and will test the my game with helloworld sample config settings to solve the ckick iisue . and will reply soon ...after testing my game by rebuilding it.

before that , iwant to clearly picturise click issue
problem in my game.

iam attaching the 3 pictures showing problem in my game.
please once see them .

did anybody face same problem like , i have .
in this forum, i read a post about this same related issue coming in EDGELIB 3.20 version, for that question you replied ...that this issue may solve in next release of EGDELIB .

How did you solve that in your next release ,presently i am using EDGELIB 3.97 version , may be your answer will fix my problem .

( my game has to build for windows Mobile professional 6.1 HTC touch pro mobile )

can you please give me the basic environment settings , config flag settings needed , to solve this issue ( which disable the buttons of mobile , while game runs)

(see the pictures in the attachment )
once please see this issue and ..give me a solution for this .

Thanks in Advance. waiting for reply ...
Attachments
images of Click issues in my game.zip
images showing click issue problem in Emulator in my Sprite Game .
(265.33 KiB) Downloaded 658 times
bcj
bcj
pm Member

Postby edge » Dec 14, 2009 @ 9:39am

Hi,

To have the default EDGELIB configuration, remove the OnFrameworkConfig and OnDisplayConfig functions or make them empty. Perhaps your issue could also be caused by a menu resource being present in your program. If you have a resource.rc file, edit it and remove any menus that you may have.

If nothing helps, it may be necessary to check your program for any memory bugs (don't use any uninitialized pointers and check if you're not writing past any array boundaries).
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions