This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PPC 2002 emulator's error

PPC 2002 emulator's error

Postby vic » Nov 28, 2002 @ 1:55pm

hi there.. i just installed eVC and PPC2002 sdk, downloaded EasyCE and was playing with it for a while.. i managed to compile it and try to run it in the emulation mode (since i dont own a pocket pc yet)

it all compiles correctly, then starts downloading files and connecting.. after this it gives me a error that i post here:

"The Intel 80486 CPU does not support configuration test1ce - Win32 (WCE ARM) Debug!
Executable will not run on device
Continue?"

i am running under a athlon 1700+, i dont know where did he get that 486 idea..

does anyone know how to get the emulation to work???

to run my applications under the emulation do i have to use any other LIBS or there's no need.. can i use ARM's GAPI and easyCE libs as if it were for the real thing???

thanks in advance
vic

Using the emulator

Postby Conan » Nov 28, 2002 @ 3:14pm

You can't use any lib which contains ARM code on the PC emulator. Everything needs to be compiled specially.

What most of the toolkits do is compile on PC using the PC VC instead of eVC using a regular window instead of GAPI however there are GAPI emulators which you can use. PocketFrog has this built-in. I'm not sure if easyce does.

The reference to 486 instead of your Athlon is nothing to worry about. It's a generic term meaning any intel based PC

I think you are making a mistake with your options. You need to have win32(WCEx86)Release (or debug) selected as active configuration not the ARM equivalent together with the PocketPC 2002 emulation device

If you look at my emulators article you will see screenshots which make this clear.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby vic » Nov 29, 2002 @ 3:31am

vic
pm Member

Return to Phantom's Forum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss any of Phantom's projects here (Operation Nutcracker, etc.)

Moderators:

sponge, RICoder, Phantom

Forum permissions