This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

How to read TCHAR text from files

Postby Ryumaster » Oct 24, 2006 @ 9:02am

Hi! It is not really a bug, but can you please tell me, what type of variable should I use with textFile.read(&buffer, 1000) for &buffer. When type is BYTE, by default, it reads well from non-unicode text documents, but I can not figure out, how to output loaded text with pBackBuffer->drawFormattedText, because it requers TCHAR type as 5th parametr. And if I set &buffer variable as TCHAR type, or any other (not BYTE), it is not working with unicode, and none-unicode text documents, I mean it reads just some single characters like '[]' in to the &buffer variable and thats is all. Maybe there is some way to convert from byte to tchar? I have read many manuals for this 4 days and just can't figure it out.
Ryumaster
pm Member

Postby Matias » Oct 24, 2006 @ 2:21pm

Matias Saguir - GledPlay Lead Developer
Matias
pm Member

Postby Ryumaster » Oct 24, 2006 @ 9:12pm

Hi! It is not ugly workaround and works perfect for me =) Afcourse, I don't really know how fast will it work for huge text files (500kb or more), but for now it is ok for futher testings - thanks for answering very fast. At last now I know how to convert between different types :)
Ryumaster
pm Member

Postby Sergio » Oct 30, 2006 @ 4:31pm

Hi Ryumaster,
I'm happy to tell you that the new GledPlay release (build 195) implements a nicer solution for this problem.

Now, the File class has a readLine method, which loads text from a plain ascii file, to a TCHAR* string.

Regards,
Sergio.
Sergio Fierens

Sergio
pm Member

Postby Ryumaster » Oct 30, 2006 @ 7:36pm

Great! You are really doing a very great job, I'm happy that I'm using GledPlay :)
I love postindustrial life.
Ryumaster
pm Member

Return to GledPlay

Sort

Forum Description

Game Engine for Embedded Devices. Simple, complete, and powerful. Focused on the game.

Moderators:

Matias, Sergio

Forum permissions