This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

I have a HP Jornada 720 Handheld PC

I have a HP Jornada 720 Handheld PC

Postby Dre » Jan 24, 2001 @ 8:44pm

Is there anyway to port Quake to this? I think Quake would turn out better on a handheld pc than a pocketpc.
Dre

Re: I have a HP Jornada 720 Handheld PC

Postby Grimores Ascain » Jan 25, 2001 @ 5:53pm

You're obviously right. the problem is hpcs arent that popular anymore. All this stuff thats happening now, quake and snes emu's, would work way better on a hpc.
Grimores Ascain

Postby Darren Brown » Jan 26, 2001 @ 9:48am

I also own a Jornada 720, and I get very frustrated that quake is not available for it!<br><br>All need some tips as well...<br><br>When I run DoomCE on my 720, the screen appears the same size as a pocket pc.  Are there any switches to specify the screen mode in which to run it?<br><br>Thanx.<br><br>Dazza.
Darren Brown

Postby Dj-DrDreavli » Jan 26, 2001 @ 2:16pm

Im not sure about this answer but... there are quite a few version of WinCE doom. Check on Yahoo and find the one that suits your needs.
Dj-DrDreavli

Postby il_b » Jan 30, 2001 @ 3:36am

if you need a betatester for the jornada 720 version of pocketquake, i'm here<br>:)
il_b

Postby Dre » Jan 30, 2001 @ 12:42pm

Well, doesnt look like anyone else is going to do it. Im gonna stop work on my Quake Legends engine and get to work on QHPC
Dre

Postby Dan East » Jan 30, 2001 @ 5:59pm

Dre: I will be releasing the source code very soon.  I have nearly completed the very large task of modifying all of Quake's float routines to use fixed point math.  This will greatly benefit a HPC port as well.  Actually, besides the lack of the Game API on the HPC, it should take little modification to get what I have to work on the HPC.<br>So if you can hold off a few days, you'll get a big head start building off of what I have.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions