This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Menu Text Continues off the Screen

Menu Text Continues off the Screen

Postby Harrison » Feb 1, 2001 @ 3:19pm

Dan-<br><br>First of all, I would like to say thanks for the amazing portal of Quake to the Pocket PC.  It is definetely the best thing on my iPAQ right now. I was wondering however, in the menu of the game, and in several of the sub-menus, the text continues off the screen and I am unable to read certain things. I was wondering if this was going to be fixed in the final version.  I don't know much about programming, so if it is not possible to change this would you please let me know?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Harrison
Harrison

Re: Menu Text Continues off the Screen

Postby Moose or Chuck » Feb 1, 2001 @ 6:11pm

The screen resolution on pocket pcs is too low to display all the menus. This is a prime example as to why landscape mode is so desireable.
Moose or Chuck

Re: Menu Text Continues off the Screen

Postby Dan East » Feb 1, 2001 @ 7:48pm

When running portait the screen width is 80 pixels less than the minimum expected by Quake.  I worked around this problem in other areas, and some more fine tuning still needs to be done.  However, not all items can be corrected (the menus with large text are just bitmaps, so besides squeezing the image nothing can be done with them).  Landscape would solve this problem, while introducing new, more serious ones. (halving frame rate, no onscreen controls, etc)<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions