This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

iPaq 36xx ROM Update

Re: iPaq 36xx ROM Update

Postby 999 » Jan 26, 2001 @ 2:07am

I did the upgrade and Quake still runs fine :)<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Mark (KILzt) » Jan 26, 2001 @ 7:01am

The only possible Quake performance related enhancement would be the improvement in the iPAQs already top notch memory management.<br><br>Makes it more stable when overclocked to the MAX, but you still need about 17-20mb free for full stability at that Mhz.
Mark (KILzt)

Postby Mark Rejhon » Jan 26, 2001 @ 10:40am

My PocketPC is fully stable with just 8 megabytes free program memory at 236 Mhz.  <br><br>REASON: There are two memory chips.  Part of one of the two, may be unstable.   Even if page interleaved, the upper half or lower half of one of the two, could be unstable at 236 Mhz.  That's probably why you have to free up a lot of RAM, so that PocketQuake is running entirely in the stable portions of RAM.
Mark Rejhon

Postby Dr. Phat » Jan 26, 2001 @ 1:06pm

has the Rom upgrade been upgraded, last time i checked, it screwed up the iPaq?
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Matt Gargett » Jan 26, 2001 @ 7:25pm

Does anyone have the rom update?  Compaq pulled it when "problems" occured when people updated.  Has anyone had this problem?
Matt Gargett

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 3, 2001 @ 8:07am

thats the one i was talking about.  i heard that they screwed the iPaq when they installd it, then pulled it from the site!
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

iPaq 36xx ROM Update

Postby kwalton » Feb 4, 2001 @ 8:23pm

Has anyone had a chance to update their 36xx model iPaq to the new ROM (released Jan 22)? I'm just curious if it hinders/improves Quake at all. (I'd try myself, but I am away from home and don't have the patience to download the update with my 14.4 wireless connection). The enhancments listed sound pretty unrelated, but with MS you never know. <br><br>Here's the direct link to the ROM update, for those interested:<br><br><br>(Admin Modification - Fixed link)<br>Last modification: Chris Edwards - 02/04/01 at 17:23:50
kwalton
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions