This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Problems extracting downloaded pak0.pak

Problems extracting downloaded pak0.pak

Postby Ole P » Feb 12, 2001 @ 6:44am

Hi.<br>I'm having problems unzipping the pak0.pak.gz.zip file downloaded from pocketmatrix.<br> I get :<br>"bad CRC 28d6f867 (should be d736631e)"<br><br>I can't find the pak0 file anywhere else than here... <br>(I've tried to download the file multiple times)<br>Any1 want to help me?
Ole P

Re: Problems extracting downloaded pak0.pak

Postby Johan » Feb 12, 2001 @ 8:00am

You are not supposed to unzip it!<br>Just place the zipfile on your iPaq and let the Quake program do the rest.<br><br>Hope it goes well.<br>
Johan

Postby Mark Rejhon » Feb 12, 2001 @ 5:05pm

Yes you are supposed to unzip it (if it is triple compressed) but only once.<br><br>A ".pak.gz.zip" file is a triple-compressed file.  You will need to unzip it once, so it is only double-compressed (".pak.gz").  That's the file you're supposed to put on your iPaq.<br><br>Just redownload again, you shouldn't have had a bad CRC.
Mark Rejhon

Postby Johan » Feb 13, 2001 @ 4:11am

whoops, sorry about that. I misunderstood.
Johan

Postby Jack Tup » Feb 13, 2001 @ 9:49am

I tried to unzip this with WinZip but I get that same error stated above is it something I am doing wrong?<br><br>
Jack Tup

Postby Jack Tup » Feb 13, 2001 @ 12:57pm

I re-downloaded this file a few times and it finally worked... can't wait to play :D
Jack Tup

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions