This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Network Quake (wireless LAN PPC!)

Network Quake (wireless LAN PPC!)

Postby Stopclock » Feb 13, 2001 @ 8:36am

Any chance of including the IP stuff?  That would be unbeleivably cool....<br><br>Cheers, David
Stopclock

Re: Network Quake (wireless LAN PPC!)

Postby tarkadal » Feb 15, 2001 @ 9:11pm

Without a double sleeve - you will have to load PAKo0Anybody have a CYPAQ sleeve?
tarkadal

Postby 999 » Feb 16, 2001 @ 8:25pm

Actually, you can fit the shareware pak file on the ipaq (gzipped) and play online using the shareware levels while u'r CF modem/nic is in the CF slot.<br><br><br>
pm Member

Postby jac » Feb 16, 2001 @ 9:18pm

So that qzip software will compress the quake pak file small enough so it can be on the ipaq?  Are you sure and has anyone tested this approach yet. If it works can someone add the steps to the faq directory and I will test the approach and relay my results.  Thanks.
jac

Postby Dan East » Feb 16, 2001 @ 9:37pm

It's "gzip", and the shareware file available on this site is already gzipped (.gz).  It is ~8.2 MB.  This is how the majority of people play Pocket Quake (as the average person does not have a CF sleeve).  I have played networked Pocket Quake with the pak file directly on my iPaq with an ethernet card in the CF sleeve.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby jac » Feb 17, 2001 @ 12:56am

Dan, Thanks for the 411 (that explains it).  If that pak file is in the qzip format then I am shi#  out of luck!  Though I do not have a lot of things on my device when I load the pak file on the Ipaq I am left with not enough space to launch the game.  Once you have optimize the sizes it would be great.  I have a ethernet card and am looking forward to playing others on the web.  
jac

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions