This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Is there a key config?

Is there a key config?

Postby iPaqGeek » Feb 22, 2001 @ 11:26pm

I have looked at this demo briefly a while ago when it was first released and it looked veeery impressive. On the other hand, I was one of the lucky ones to get a hold of one of the iPAQ Stowaway keyboards, and I must admit I love what it does to iPAQ! The key problem that has been plaguing iPAQ is COMPLETELY SOLVED with this thingy (granted, this way you have to be seated somewhere to play, but then again, at least in my eyes, that is a very small trade-off for such a humongous benefit). I am one of those old cpu geeks who used to play Spectrum 48K and Commodore 64 (damn I don't remember how to spell it any more :-) during the early 80's, so trust me when I tell ya that I am better playing with keys than with joystick :-). I tried playing Nes emulator and it has a very nifty key config, so I was able to completely reconfigure keys to use the keyboard insted of ipaq "on-board" cursor and keys. Thus, I have managed to eliminate all of the problems related to the only-one-key-at-a-time issue. Now, I am just wondering whether there is already built-in option for such config in Quake in the latest release (I am unable to test it since my iPAQ is completely filled-up with important data I can not part with -- I actually use my iPAQ for serious stuff as well :-), so I will have to wait until I have enough money to get one of those cool IBM's microdrives before I can test it), or do we have to fiddle with the .cfg file for the Quake? It would be really cool if that would be built-in into the game itself (or maybe it is already, in which case please stop me from ranting any longer ;-). Either way, very impressive work guys, keep it up! Cheers!
iPaqGeek

Re: Is there a key config?

Postby 999 » Feb 23, 2001 @ 2:27am

Yep, a "Key Config" is built into Quake by default :)<br><br>You can download WinQuake for free from www.planetquake.com to give it a go and become familliar with the "Quake" engine.<br><br>
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions