This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

IrDA vs. IrDA

IrDA vs. IrDA

Postby Thomas Damgaard » Feb 19, 2001 @ 6:08pm

Is there any chance that we'll be able to play PocketQuake against another PDA (iPAQ) user via IrDA?<br><br>And Dan... Thanks for porting Quake!!!
Thomas Damgaard

Re: IrDA vs. IrDA

Postby Dan East » Feb 19, 2001 @ 7:07pm

First off, I'm glad you're enjoying Pocket Quake!<br>As for the IrDA, I don't see why not. I'm sure TCP/IP connectivity can be established over IrDA. In one of the other threads on this board is a link providing info on how to establish TCP/IP over USB to the desktop. I don't know if that would be relevant to TCP/IP over IrDA or not.<br><br>For those of you who have had success with any of the multitude of possible networking combinations; it would be very useful if you could post information on this board outlining the steps you used to setup the network. Thanks!<br><br>Dan East<br>Last modification: Dan East - 02/19/01 at 16:07:56
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby mic... » Feb 23, 2001 @ 10:34am

Yes, TCP can be uses over IrDA (Network Layer is non IP). You can find this info on the eVC++ documentation<br><br>Michel
mic...

Postby lordkiwi » Feb 23, 2001 @ 10:48am

http://www.tekguru.demon.co.uk/EM500/usbtonet.htm <br><br>Should work for IrdA too
lordkiwi
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions