This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

network with pc?

Re: netwok with pc?

Postby Dan East » Feb 16, 2001 @ 9:23am

I've done that using an ethernet card with the iPaq. It should be possible with the USB /Activesync connection, assuming that a TCP/IP connection is what Activesync is based on. The key would be to determine what IP address is assigned to the PC or iPaq in an Activesync connection.<br>CE 2.11 was a lot more flexible in allowing direct cable connections. I assume that TCP/IP over USB (and IR, Serial, etc) can be done with Pocket PC as well.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby tarkadal » Feb 16, 2001 @ 1:46pm

Is it possible to make the IPAQ EMulator the host?<br><br>Where do ou get the IPAQ emulator?
tarkadal

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 16, 2001 @ 3:55pm

thats great!  wow, i wish i had an ipaq...sniff sniff.
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

network with pc?

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 16, 2001 @ 3:56pm

Dan, would it be possible to play quake on ppc against someone on a desktop? like someone with an iPAQ and an iPAQ emulator?  that would be cool, and might be possible.Last modification: Mike Greene - 02/16/01 at 12:56:10
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Re: network with pc?

Postby lordkiwi » Feb 18, 2001 @ 3:35pm

Here is how to enable TCP over USB serial IrdA etc<br>it should work for any PocketPC<br>http://www.tekguru.demon.co.uk/EM500/usbtonet.htm
lordkiwi

Postby Moose or Chuck » Feb 20, 2001 @ 12:29pm

Mike Greene, no you don't wish you had an Ipaq. You wish you had an @migo. Ipaqs suck. You can only press 1 button at a time, there's dust behind the screen, the units burn out. It's a mess.
Moose or Chuck

Postby sponge » Feb 20, 2001 @ 12:59pm

Bah. One button at a time Compaq says can be fixed by a ROM or firmware update, just they have to make it, and you can get a new one if theres dust behind the screen. I've also heard of the down button not registereing if being pressed to hard, and no diaganol presses too. I still have no regrets about buying an iPaq. Looks like the iPaq vs @migo wars have started heh.
sponge

Postby 999 » Feb 20, 2001 @ 3:28pm

MooseMaster:<br><br>Let's keep it clean here :)<br><br>This isn't BrightHand, and I'm not about to let these Boards turn into a iPAQ vs. @migo war :)<br>
pm Member

Postby Sparky009 » Feb 20, 2001 @ 4:24pm

*runs in, broadsword raised, screaming*<br>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, @MIGOS SUCK, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH<br>*smashes broadsword against any and all wooden objects and @migos, generating a huge mess as well as many fairly abrasive sounds.*
Sparky009
pm Member

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 23, 2001 @ 7:46am

You're right Moose, but @migos are ugly.  The bad part about iPAQs are the stupid sleeves- it seems like i'd have to pay an extra $40 just to get memory, which is already expensive.  For me, that's too much.  I'm only 14, and mowing lawns and babysitting don't easily pay $40!
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Feb 24, 2001 @ 11:20am

999, I didn't start a war or flame. I was informing someone of the negatives of an Ipaq, and that if you really wanted an ARM processor, that @migos are better. There's no one in their right mind that would say otherwise.<br><br>sponge, I don't care what Compaq says. If it can be fixed by firmware then why haven't they yet? And you have to wait 2 weeks while you send them your unit and get a new one, which is VERY inconvenient, in which time you have lost all your data (unless you backedup). All the hassles are not worth it.<br><br>My opinion, if you want to start a war, I'm not listening, because you won't change my opinion anyway, and I won't beable to change yours either. (But I still think Casios are the best out of all of em :) ).
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 24, 2001 @ 3:48pm

Moose: That is CORRECT!
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby 999 » Feb 24, 2001 @ 4:04pm

Moose:<br><br>You're entitled to your opinions, but you have to remember, we don't care for "soap box" speeches here on this Board.<br><br>This board is for PocketQuake matters only, not drivel regarding which PDA is best, save all that for hot air Brighthand.<br><br>I'm not out to change your mind, but I am out to change how you treat this Board, and the it's users.  Please refrain from "spouting" any rants regarding PDA superiority, as well as giving the new guys here a Hard Time.  I've noted in another thread you actually call someone "Ignorant" for not following PocketQuake's evolotion. He's obviosly a new user, and should be welcomed in to our little Community, much as you were on your first visit here.  <br>
pm Member

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 24, 2001 @ 4:33pm

999, now you're giving Moose a hard time, he already apologized!  (What about site superiority, is that not an issue?)Last modification: Mike Greene - 02/24/01 at 13:33:55
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby 999 » Feb 24, 2001 @ 4:49pm

Site Superiority?<br><br>Well, as far as PQ is concerned, I would like to think this site <i>is</i> the one to goto for PQ info.<br><br>For everything else, there's always Brighthand.  I post there regularly.<br><br>My point was, because this is one big melting pot for PDAs and not hosted on separate boards for each device, it's very easy to start flame wars here.  Unfortunately, Moose was at the center of a couple of these incidents, hence the target of my post.<br><br>Take a look at the Jordana thread to see the latest batch of flames.  :(<br><br>
pm Member

Next

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions