This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Generic Speed Tweaks From A Old Quaker

Generic Speed Tweaks From A Old Quaker

Postby OrBy » Mar 1, 2001 @ 10:45pm

make a autoexec.cfg file and put it into the id1 dir with the following in it<br>----start file----<br>cl_bob "0"<br>cl_bobcycle "0"<br>cl_bobup "0"<br>cl_rollangle "0"<br>cl_rollspeed "0"<br>v_kickpitch "0"<br>v_kickroll "0"<br>v_kicktime "0"<br>scr_conspeed "9999"<br>menu_main<br>----end file----<br>This will speed up your loading time (wont play a demo when quake finishes loading) and game play by reducing the changes in perspective when you run and get hit. As well it will make the console go up and down in an instant.<br>
OrBy

Re: Generic Speed Tweaks From A Old Quaker

Postby OrBy » Mar 2, 2001 @ 12:42am

heh scratch that - those tweaks assumed that pocket quake used normal quake commands :P<br>i suggests that you ignore that 1st post and try this instead.<br>--<br>//OrBy's Cassiopia E-125 CFG File<br><br>_snd_mixahead "0.3"<br>bgmvolume "0"<br>volume "0.5"<br>crosshair "1" <br>_cl_name "OrBy"<br><br>//always run on<br>cl_backspeed "400.000000"<br>cl_forwardspeed "400.000000"<br><br>//hardware buttons<br>bind "AUX1" "timedemo demo1" //left high<br>bind "AUX2" "centerview" //left low<br>bind "AUX3" "impulse 10" //right high<br>bind "AUX4" "+attack" //right low left<br>bind "AUX5" "+jump" //right low tight<br>bind "JOY1" "toggleconsole" //left center<br><br>//onscreen buttons<br>bind "AUX22" "impulse 255" //scream face<br>bind "AUX23" "god" //quad<br>bind "AUX21" "impulse 9" //a & b<br><br>menu_main<br>--<br><br>
OrBy

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 2, 2001 @ 3:41pm

wait- its different for MIPS?  The autoexec.cfg anyway?  im confused
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 2, 2001 @ 5:31pm

Uhm... console commands are identical for MIPS, but the AUX# buttons are placed differently on the Casios and Compaqs, so it's slightyl different, along with the capabilities, such as setting snd_mixahead to a higher number for better, non-stuttering sound.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 2, 2001 @ 7:22pm

Oh, so this Mips cfg will make it go faster?  (I'm into webdev, not other programming- excuse my complete lack of knowledge in these areas!)
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions