This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Dan can you support this pallette fix?

Dan can you support this pallette fix?

Postby nnsysdev » Feb 25, 2001 @ 10:15am

The idgamma utility adjusts the color pallette quake uses to make the visuals more vibrant.<br><br>It does this by creating a pak file with new pallette information.  The shareware version does not support custom paks so I can't use it.<br><br>Now that the source code has been released can you disable the check for custom paks?  I understand the pak's themselves might still be copyrighted but the check is part of the (free) code.  <br><br>For those with the registered version try using the pak2.pak or pak2.pak.gz i have zipped up into this download :<br><br>http://web.vvault.com/lassen/showDocument.jsp?dc=143975<br><br>It uses the settings for my old Riva128 but until i see it i cant verify proper gamma intensities.
nnsysdev

Re: Dan can you support this pallette fix?

Postby nnsysdev » Mar 3, 2001 @ 7:37am

wow what a flood of response.  Did you even read this dan?
nnsysdev

Postby 999 » Mar 3, 2001 @ 8:00am

I've read in one of Dan's other posts here that according to id, Dan cannot release a "registered" version of Pocket Quake.  This has to do with some GPL rule or something.  I mean you're right about it simply being a "switch" in the shareware code, but id was clear to lay down the guidelines.<br><br>The "Registered" build would allow the use of any type of pak file, which sadly id states won't be the case with a GPLed shareware version.  You can however play the Registerd Pak files with the shareware version of Quake (Pocket Quake).<br><br>Dan has also mentioned however, that with a command line, it might still be possible to play a custom pak file, provided you have the Registered Pak files installed.  I might have read that wrong, and I have yet to try it.  I do have the Registered Pak files, and would be willing to try a command line approach to testing other pak files.  <br><br>Anyone know the command-line?<br><br>Last modification: 999 - 03/03/01 at 05:00:06
pm Member

Postby Mali » Mar 3, 2001 @ 9:27am

pocketquake.exe -game (relative path)<br>default is id1
Mali
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions