This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

quake on a em-500

quake on a em-500

Postby Phaworth » Feb 26, 2001 @ 6:33am

has anyone tried quake on a em-500? how does it run, painfully slow? and is there anyway of overclocking a casio like you can a ipaq?
Phaworth

Re: quake on a em-500

Postby Robotbeat » Feb 26, 2001 @ 12:31pm

yes, yes, and yes.
Die, Palm, Die. If that offended you, then get rid of your Palm OS device.
Robotbeat
pm Member

Postby gagc007 » Feb 26, 2001 @ 1:33pm

Yes, I have a overclocked EM-500 and I tried Quake on my EM-500 and it works good.<br>It's a little bit slow, but later it will get a faster version!
gagc007

Postby fiz » Feb 26, 2001 @ 7:35pm

"If that offended you, get rid of your palm device."<br><br>I wasn't aware that an EM-500 was equipped with Palm OS...maybe I got the wrong version when mine was shipped (those damn E-Bay people ;) )...mine looks surprisingly in colour and has a start menu.<br><br>I wish I could play around with PocketQuake...alas, I only have the onboard 16mb of RAM and don't have enough money (i'm a student) to purchase an MMC card.
fiz

Postby Chris Edwards » Feb 26, 2001 @ 7:48pm

That was his footer message that is on all of his messages. He didn't write it directly to this thread..... Sort of like mine on a few different forums.... (Bite my shiny metal ass) which has nothing to do with anything I am ever talking about (except futurama).
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby fiz » Feb 26, 2001 @ 8:47pm

lol...<br><br>i'm sorry.  i'm not used to using these formats of forums, so i didn't realize the horizontal rule signified the end of the message and beginning of signature (though it makes sense, now that i think about it)...<br><br>i thought it could have been one of those freaky new features of these forums....i should read the thread summaries.<br><br>Cheers.
fiz

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 27, 2001 @ 4:05pm

Wait, chris, isn't it "Bitemy FROZEN metal ass"?  Not "shiny."  Just a heads up, and Futurama rules!
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Feb 27, 2001 @ 5:23pm

It's shiny, not frozen. Why would a robot's ass be frozen?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 28, 2001 @ 6:04pm

He is skiing, have ypu even seen the clip in question?
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Fw190 » Feb 28, 2001 @ 11:19pm

OK, so how did you overclock your EM-500.  I took mine all apart, but didn't know which ones to fill in with the pencil.  Made me angry, looks nothing like the layout of the e-125
Fw190

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 1, 2001 @ 2:49pm

http://www.brighthand.com<br>has a tutorial that has pics of both E-1xx and EM-500
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 1, 2001 @ 3:22pm

Ok, how safe is overclocking?  Also, I emailed Jimmy of JimmySoftware and he said that they were currently working on JSOverclock for the  Casiopeia.  So would a hardware overclock even be a good idea now?
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 1, 2001 @ 9:13pm

If there will be a software overclocker then why waste time opening your device. I'd use it. <br>But hardware o/cing isn't completely safe. As long as you have been inside your own computer and know static discharge safeties you'll be fine. BE CAREFUL with that ROM chip you're your... well... fucked. There's no other way I can put it. Either get an anti-static sheet thing that is mentioned in the tutorial or just place it on a piece of metal to discharge any static. I placed it on metal, and every once in a while I would touch my computer case just incase I was building up a charge. And the parts are tiny. You'll need a magnifier and a small screwdriver.Last modification: Moose Master - 03/01/01 at 18:13:55
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 2, 2001 @ 3:48pm

I'll wait for the software- It sounds a lot easier. I like easy 8)
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Supertofu » Mar 5, 2001 @ 1:34am

My Quake on my em-500 is brutally slow.  About 5 minutes from icon click to level, just to get about 2 fps.  Other than overclocking, whether soft or hardware, is there any other tips.  P.S., i do have a 15mg mm card which has everything but the .exe so most of the 16mb mem is free
Supertofu

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions