This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

registered version of Quake

registered version of Quake

Postby Jerome » Mar 5, 2001 @ 5:21am

CARPEDIEM<br><br>That’s great cannot wait.<br><br>Two questions<br><br>I have the registered version of Quake after i installation i saw two. pack file one pako.pak 17MB and pak1.pak 35MB<br><br>I want to use the pak1.pak 35MB which is the registered version i would like to compress to pak1.pak.gz 15MB but WinZip does not support that file extension. I rename to .gz after i transfer it to my storage card the file Pocket quake said does not recognise pak1.pak.gz.<br><br>Straight to the point how do I use the registered version on Pocket quake and how do I compress it to .gz since Winzip does not support it.<br><br>I cannot find the option the change to landscape mode on my Casio E125<br><br><br>P.s<br>I aware with out compressing the it I can still play Pocket quake. I can not attempt this first stage because my storage card is only 32MB <br>
Jerome

Re: registered version of Quake

Postby Mali » Mar 5, 2001 @ 5:26am

download gzip to compress the .pak.<br>the mips version doesn´t support landscape mode.
Mali
pm Member

Postby Jerome » Mar 5, 2001 @ 6:04am

Ok you thanks for answering my question about the landscape mode. Hope this option will be available in the final version <br><br>But where do i down load gzip to compress the .pak file. Can you post the link or e-mail me ?<br><br>Thanks<br>
Jerome

Postby Dan East » Mar 5, 2001 @ 8:12am

http://www.gzip.org<br><br>Dan East<br>Last modification: Dan East - 03/05/01 at 05:12:28
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby jerome » Mar 5, 2001 @ 8:14am

Thanks Dan <br>GZIP uses MsDos UI i down loaded for win 98 but still usese Ms-Dos UI <br><br>Do you know the command to zip my .pak file from the command prompt? I know you going say read the help file.<br><br>But can you just show me at this present moment please or any one<br><br><br>IP: Logged<br> <br>
jerome

Postby Dan East » Mar 5, 2001 @ 8:50am

gzip -9 pak0.pak<br><br>Note that gzip will create a new file "pak0.pak.gz" which will replace the original "pak0.pak" file, so make a copy of it first.<br><br>Dan East<br>
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Jerome » Mar 6, 2001 @ 6:49am

As I said yesterday I own a registered Quake<br>In order for me the get the “.pak” file I had to install it.<br><br>After installation “quake\id1\ “ i saw two pak files one was 17MB pak0.pak and the other 35MB pak1.pak<br><br>I used gzip thanks to Dan instruction; I compress both pak using gzip, which compress to about 55% of the original size.<br><br>Straight to the point…I removed the shareware version pak0.pak.gz and i transferred pak1.pak.gz (registered version) to my storage card but I was not successfully load Doom an error message appeared  “gfx.wad…” something like that.<br><br>I removed pak1.pak.gz (registered version) and replace it with pak0.pak.gz (registered version)<br><br>An unusual error said cannot “play file which is modified need registered Version something like that.<br><br><br>Two Question <br>1) Can Pocket Quake play the registered version? <br>2) Do I need both file (pak0.pak.gz and pak1.pak.gz) registered version in conjunction in order to play Pocket Quake? I only have 32MB CF<br><br>What are the procedures for load the registered version if any knows<br><br><br> <br>
Jerome

Postby Tommy » Mar 6, 2001 @ 7:43am

999 made it work with the Reg Version
Tommy

Postby John » Mar 6, 2001 @ 9:38am

Ask Dan  he might know your situation.
John

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 6, 2001 @ 2:58pm

You have to put both registered .pak files on your device, both pak0 and pak1
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 6, 2001 @ 3:29pm

its the same with Doom. Doom4CE.wad, and Doom1.wad
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Mali » Mar 7, 2001 @ 11:07am

in the doom4ce.wad are just the start-pictures for the different doom maps in pocketpc resolution and the (shorted)status bar, no levels.
Mali
pm Member

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 7, 2001 @ 3:54pm

well, I try to make a point, and i get crap!  what is this, a message board? ;)
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions