This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Quake Error on Casio E-115

Quake Error on Casio E-115

Postby Alex Makin » Mar 7, 2001 @ 2:34am

Hi guys,<br><br>Have just followed the instructions on copying over quake files to my E-115.<br>Copied pocketquakequake.exe to games directory ok<br>Copied pak0.pak (18 meg) to storage card (quake\id1) ok<br>Copied autoexec.cfg to storage card (quake\id1) ok<br>Copied gx.dll to windows directory ok<br><br>Tried to run pocketquake.exe and an received an error, "PocketQuake is not a valid Windows CE application (OK)" - Not ok!!<br><br>Then saw a couple of "leftover" files from the GAPI.zip file (ie gz.lib and gx.h).  Couldn't work out what to do with them, so I copied them to the windows directory as well.<br><br>Same error.<br><br>Scanned the posts here on PocketMatrix, but didn't see anything regarding this problem.<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>Cheers,<br>Alex
Alex Makin

Re: Quake Error on Casio E-115

Postby Dan East » Mar 7, 2001 @ 9:19am

You have the wrong version of PocketQuake.exe and / or gx.dll. You need the MIPS versions.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Alex_Makin » Mar 7, 2001 @ 4:27pm

Thanks Dan,<br><br>When I did the install yesterday, I did make sure to copy the MIPS version of the gx.dll to the windows directory on my Cassiopeia, but I'm happy to try again.<br><br>Your response seems to indicate there is more than 1 version of Pocketquake (ie is there a MIPS version of Pocketquake.exe?)  I simply downloaded the version that was on the PocketMatrix site yesterday...  It looked like there was only one version available.<br><br>BTW, whats the story with the gz.lib and gz.h files?  They are in the GAPI.zip file, are they supposed to be copied over as well?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Alex Makin
Alex Makin
Melbourne
AUSTRALIA
Alex_Makin
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Mar 7, 2001 @ 5:38pm

Are you downloading from this site?<br>http://www.pocketmatrix.com/pocketquake/download.html<br><br>You do not need gx.lib or gx.h on your device. They are only used by developers.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Alex_Makin » Mar 7, 2001 @ 5:53pm

Thanks Dan,<br><br>Actually, no I didn't get it from the site you listed.  I got it from a slightly different one, (its a .shtml instead of .html) ie http://www.pocketmatrix.com/pocketquake/download.shtml which only has one download available.  Don't know how I got there, but I did.<br><br>Anyway, thanks.  I can now see the various pocketquake editions and will try loading the MIPS one now.  I'll let you know how it goes...<br><br>Cheers!
Alex Makin
Melbourne
AUSTRALIA
Alex_Makin
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Mar 7, 2001 @ 7:30pm

Some external site is directly linking to the older download page. Chris, could you have the shtml redirect to the html page? Thanks!<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions