This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Anything New

Anything New

Postby AlphaFox » Mar 8, 2001 @ 12:57pm

Dan<br>Just wondering what your working on and hows it coming? is that integer version of quake still alive, hows it coming? I cant wait for quake at 51 FPS! =)<br><br>
AlphaFox

Re: Anything New

Postby AlphaFox » Mar 8, 2001 @ 12:58pm

LOL! I meant 15 FPS!! hehe<br><br>51 would be nice =)
AlphaFox

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 8, 2001 @ 2:51pm

That's what the MODIFY button is for.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Mar 8, 2001 @ 2:55pm

You have to be a registered member to use that (registering is free people!). <br><br>I'm working on another fixed point conversion now. We'll see how much it helps...<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 8, 2001 @ 3:51pm

I thought we couldnt run a registered version!
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby randall » Mar 8, 2001 @ 5:28pm

LOL... registered MEMBER and registered VERSION are two completely different subjects.<br><br>ANYWAY, we can run the registered verion, ONLY if you have the registered PAK1.PAK. Which usually means you bought the game.
randall
pm Insider

Postby k4 » Mar 8, 2001 @ 8:43pm

what modify button?
k4

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 9, 2001 @ 12:59am

The modify button that you get when you register on the boards :). Guest's get left out. :(.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Jerome » Mar 9, 2001 @ 11:03am

Chris Edwards<br>Administrator <br><br>I just reigested on this message baord.<br>I loaded up Pocket Quake 0.41 Mips for casio E-125<br>and i have the registered Version  pak0.pak and pak1.pak.<br><br>Who will send me the  modify button. I am a bit confuse here "randall" and "Chris Edwards"<br><br>I have not tried registered Version  pak0.pak and pak1.pak. YET  because i only have a 32MB CF.<br><br><br>
/
Jerome
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Mar 9, 2001 @ 11:25am

Okay, let me try to clarify. I should have been more specific with my earlier post. :)<br><br>This board, where you are reading this message right now, allows people to post and view messages as a Guest, or you can register and post and view messages as a registered member of this board. This only has to do with this discussion board and not with Quake. If you are a registered member of the board then you can Modify messages after you post them, among many other things, which a Guest cannot do. If you look at the bottom of the message you posted, you will see a little Modify button / link, which is now available since you are registered.<br><br>Now, if you purchased Quake from id Software, you own the registered version of Quake. You can copy the registered levels from the CD-ROM (pak0.pak & pak1.pak) onto your device and then Pocket Quake will be "registered". Basically all this does is give you the ability to play modified Quake levels. The modify "button" has to do with this discussion board and not Quake, although I can see how confusion could develop since registering either allows for modifications. :)<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Jerome » Mar 9, 2001 @ 11:45am

Thanks Dan East you have answred both question All i need now is a bigger CF.<br> <br>I purchase the 32MB LAST month.<br><br>I am not really a quake fan but i am impressing with the Pocket Quake using the shareware version pak0.pak. <br><br>Then i remembered i had the registered version sitting at my friend’s house since a year ago.<br><br>It looks like a need a bigger CF in order for me to be flexible with my Pocket Pc<br>
/
Jerome
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Mar 9, 2001 @ 11:52am

I'm glad you like PQ...<br>Remember you can compress the registered pak files too using gzip (http://www.gzip.org). This will result in longer load times, but the files will be half the original size.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 9, 2001 @ 8:05pm

oh, thanks for catching me on that randall, ha, i as hell bent on Dan East saying registered version!
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions