This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

gx.h compile error

gx.h compile error

Postby baxterc » Feb 26, 2001 @ 8:39am

I've tried building the ipaq debug version but get this error<br><br>Compiling...<br>sys_win.c<br>C:\Windows CE Tools\wce300\MS Pocket PC\include\gx.h(56) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'GXGetDisplayProperties'<br>C:\Windows CE Tools\wce300\MS Pocket PC\include\gx.h(56) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'<br>C:\Windows CE Tools\wce300\MS Pocket PC\include\gx.h(56) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'<br>C:\Windows CE Tools\wce300\MS Pocket PC\include\gx.h(57) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'GXGetDefaultKeys'<br>C:\Windows CE Tools\wce300\MS Pocket PC\include\gx.h(57) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'<br>C:\Windows CE Tools\wce300\MS Pocket PC\include\gx.h(57) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'<br>Error executing clarm.exe.<br><br>sys_win.obj - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)<br><br>anyone got any idea what the problem is ??
baxterc
pm Member

Re: gx.h compile error

Postby Dan East » Feb 26, 2001 @ 8:49am

For some bizarre reason Microsoft felt that the gx.h file should only work with C++ compilations. Quake is in C. So my solution was to modify the gx.h file. Add "struct" to lines 56 and 57 so they read as follows:<br><br>//The following two lines modified by Dan East to make this header C compatible:<br>//Added "struct" to the following two prototypes:<br>GXDLL_API struct GXDisplayProperties GXGetDisplayProperties();<br>GXDLL_API struct GXKeyList GXGetDefaultKeys(int iOptions);<br><br>Dan East<br>Last modification: Dan East - 02/26/01 at 05:49:14
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby baxterc » Feb 26, 2001 @ 9:58am

Thanks Dan<br><br>I did think of that but it seemed too obvious and I didn't want to change the gx.h file.  anyway it builds now thanks
baxterc
pm Member

Postby Ben Cohee » Mar 10, 2001 @ 2:57pm

Dan - maybe try adding that info to the SourceNotes.txt file.  I could see some people giving up over a simple error like that, and not finding this thread.
Ben Cohee

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions