This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

How can i add a command line perameter

Re: How can i add a command line perameter

Postby randall » Mar 10, 2001 @ 2:52pm

Dr. Phat- my sentiments exactly regarding the processors.<br><br>I'd settle for a PocketPC with a 386 processor. Of course a 486 or Pentium would be better, but the entire x86 line are massive power hogs.<br><br>Which is why the battery on a laptop accounts for 1\4 the total weight. Not very friendly for a PocketPC environment.<br><br>Still, I don't know why a NEW processor couldn't be created with lower power consumption and a true x86 instruction set. Or maybe a Transmeta Crusoe with the x86 instruction set.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 10, 2001 @ 3:57pm

see- somebody sees my point!
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby 999 » Mar 10, 2001 @ 7:56pm

Okay, a Bot would be friggen cool!<br><br>Has anyone looked further into this?  I love playing the normal game, gut the idea of a rocket fight just sounds really tempting.<br><br>
pm Member

Postby randall » Mar 10, 2001 @ 9:17pm

Okay, for those who REALLY care, I got the ReaperBot working on my Casio. It doesn't slow down my device any more than a monster in SinglePlayer.<br><br>On the original Quake the bots were written in QuakeC, so I suppose all bots for quake (as well as mods) should work on PocketPC.<br><br>I unpacked all my pack files, so getting this to work was actually very simple: I replaced the original Quake progs.dat file with the Reaperbots progs.dat.<br><br>Using the command line would be much better, but I just wanted everyone to know ahead of time that the BOTS WORK! And they're kickin' my ass!<br><br>
randall
pm Insider

Previous

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions