This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

gfx.wad error

gfx.wad error

Postby Lord » Mar 10, 2001 @ 11:06pm

When I start pocketquake on my e-115 I got this error "W_LoadWadFile:couldn´t load gfx.wad"<br>Does anybody knows how to solve this error?<br>Thanks
Lord
pm Member

Re: gfx.wad error

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 11, 2001 @ 7:32am

You newbies should really read the FAQ. Dan/999/Chris/Tim/anyone else, PLEASE put a direct link to it on the PQ homepage! Up at the top by the DOWNLOAD link.  <br>ugh... do I really have to explain this one again?<br><br>When you downloaded PQ, you should read the instructions<br>put the EXEC in<br>/quake<br>put the AUTOEXEC.CFG and PAK0.PAK (that you downloaded seperatly and unZIPPED, not unGZIPPED) in to the:<br>/quake/ID1<br>directory. Make sure they are in the root directory, not in the /Windows/Programs/Games directory, or wherever else, you can add a shortcut later. Also make sure that you have the latest gx.dll file in the /Windows folder.<br>When asking for help, tell people what you did. There are over 20 REASONS! why that error message could occur. First and foremost, READ THE README.TXT, that's why it's in all caps and says read me.
Moose or Chuck

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions