This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Multiplayer

Multiplayer

Postby Raven » Mar 11, 2001 @ 10:47am

I have setup a proxy for use with my Casio EM-500. I can connect to the internet with it on my Pocket PC. Now I am wondering if I can play multiplayer between it and my computer. I only have the shareware version of Quake on my computer however. The multiplayer on the PC shareware doesn't have TCP/IP connection, it only has direct connect and modem, and my EM-500 has TCP/IP. Is there a way I can play multiplayer?
Raven

Re: Multiplayer

Postby randall » Mar 11, 2001 @ 4:52pm

First of all, you would need WinQuake for your PC. It supports TCP/IP and is the same code that PocketQuake is built from. So download WinQuake and add it to the current Quake directory on your computer (it should be free).<br><br>Like you, I can connect to the internet through the proxy on my computer, but haven't had any success playing quake across the same connection. I have the registered version of Quake on both devices.<br><br>For some reason the IPs are not broadcast so the devices can't "see" each other. Maybe you or someone else can figure this out.<br><br><br><br>Last modification: randall - 03/11/01 at 13:52:34
randall
pm Insider

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions