This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Developer Thread

Re: Developer Thread

Postby Robotbeat » Mar 11, 2001 @ 12:23am

Can't MIPS Casio devices use 64-bit chunks?<br>I know PocketPC OS doesn't support it, but isn't Pocketquake mostly OS-independent? I think the MIPS cpus are like 64-bit. It sucks that everything only uses 32-bits!
Die, Palm, Die. If that offended you, then get rid of your Palm OS device.
Robotbeat
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Mar 11, 2001 @ 3:31pm

Do all Casio Pocket PC devices have the R4100 CPU?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby CARPEDIEM » Mar 11, 2001 @ 3:53pm

I think so, the E-125 and the EM-500 have the same processor according to casio it's a VR4122. But it works just as fast with the R3900 processor config.<br><br>Anyway, i've been going through the sound code and realized that it doesn't use a lot of precision since i have changed most of the code from float to long and there doesn't seem to be a difference. So that might be useful if you plan on converting it to fixed point someday since now you know that precision is not needed so bad in it.<br><br>Anyway, i only got 0.3 more fps so far so changing it is not primordial i think, ohh, something else, sound is really great at 22050 so you might want to add an option for that since using it with earphones gives a really inmersive experience.<br><br>How is your work going?<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » Mar 12, 2001 @ 12:22pm

Hey dan, do you remember the name of the function that was modified that caused the glitch in the wall textures when you got really close to them?, I'd like to see what speed increase it gives. Perhaps it's not a lot and we could also make it a toggle.<br><br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Mar 12, 2001 @ 1:32pm

D_DrawSpans8 and D_DrawZSpans.<br><br>Dan East<br><br>Last modification: Dan East - 03/12/01 at 10:32:45
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby CARPEDIEM » Mar 12, 2001 @ 3:59pm

Whoops, my framerate dropped from 7.8 fps to 5.4 when i switched back to the old D_DrawSpans8<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Phantom » Mar 13, 2001 @ 3:07am

Carp dude,<br><br>That's not because of the perspective correction, it's because of the fixed point code in that function. :) You could theoretically put back the perspective correctness and at the same time keep the fixed point code. That takes some coding though.<br><br>- Jacco.
Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Previous

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions