This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

SH3 (Jornada)

SH3 (Jornada)

Postby Paulo » Mar 13, 2001 @ 7:11am

I know it's starting to get tiresome for developers to hear another person asking them to tackle on the SH3 (Jornada) Pocket Quake problem, but it's not like we can do anything else about it. Isn't anyone up for it?
Paulo

Re: SH3 (Jornada)

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 13, 2001 @ 8:52am

A version was already built, twice. But there are problems. It doesn't draw the world at all (I hear), just enemies. There are big problems with it, so instead of complaining, how about offering to CARP or DAN to help beta test it.
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Mar 13, 2001 @ 1:00pm

It's not just the beta testing (lord knows there's enough SH3s for that), it's lack of programmers that happen to own a SH3. It's pretty tough to debug a device if you don't own one, and you have to keep sending the latestest build out JUST TO TEST IT.<br><br>We'd pretty much be in the same boat [Mips users] if Carpediem didn't come along.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 13, 2001 @ 3:13pm

Dan went pretty far without Jakko and Carpe...
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby randall » Mar 13, 2001 @ 4:20pm

Yeah, but Dan was working on the ARM build. He didn't need Carpediem for that (sorry Carpe, you are needed in other ways :) ).<br><br>Eventually Dan could have completed a Mips build on his own- I think he even had some success with it. He is a competent and driven programmer with extreme focus, but catering to every little problem on the Mips would have slowed the ARM project down. As well as the float to int conversion.<br><br>I don't own an HP, but I think it would be great to have PocketQuake for SH3. The advantages to that are numerous: imagine touting that ALL PocketPCs can run quake- "can your palm do that?"<br><br>No one should assume that Dan or Carpediem are obligated to do an SH3 build. Yes, their help will be needed since they have made great strides so far. All SH3 needs is a programmer (with an HP) to step up to the plate.<br><br><br>Last modification: randall - 03/13/01 at 13:20:41
randall
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » Mar 13, 2001 @ 5:56pm

well, making it work on sh3 is going to be specially hard since you don't get an error which you can debug, the game works just fine, it just doesn't work as it should.<br><br>Why ohh why walls don't display?<br><br>I personally think that we are pretty much in a dead end, since we don't own a jornada and those kind of bugs are the hardest to fix.<br><br>My personal opinion is that the jornada just can't handle R_RecursiveWorldNode() recursive function and somehow skips it. <br>Yeah yeah, please other programmers, save your always very friendly comments~ :D on what i just said, i know that it's crazy.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions