This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Beta 0.051 available for iPaq.

Beta 0.051 available for iPaq.

Postby Dan East » Mar 14, 2001 @ 8:13am

I just uploaded 0.051. This version corrects any rendering artifacts introduced with 0.05. So it has the same visual quality as 0.04 but is 1.5 fps faster.<br><br><br>In case anyone cares, I was not converting the model origin before B Models were rendered. Thus objects such as stim paks, ammo, doors, etc, were being rendered directly on top of the main character (had the same origin as the world model). This of course was not a good thing. :)<br><br>Note that this is just for iPaq at this moment. I will be posting the source in the next couple hours, and Carpediem will produce a MIPS executable of 0.051 when he can. There is a nasty bug with the landscape code that will toast a Casio device requiring a hard reset. Carpediem will have to correct this MIPS-specific problem. I hope for greater than 1.5 fps increase for MIPS devices with 0.051, as they are at least twice as slow as the iPaq in floating point. Thus MIPS devices stand to benefit more from fixed point conversions.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Re: Beta 0.051 available for iPaq.

Postby Le Gun » Mar 14, 2001 @ 5:57pm

I like the new build! FAST!<br>But it keeps launching me in Landscape mode insted of Portrait. How can I get to launch in port?<br><br>Thanks
Le Gun

Re: Beta 0.051 available for iPaq.

Postby Dan East » Mar 14, 2001 @ 6:01pm

Your autoexec.cfg must contain:<br>vid_mode "1" or vid_mode "2"<br><br>Remove that line and the problem should go away. This new version honors that setting, so it probably has been in your autoexec file from before, it just didn't do anything until now. Vid_mode "0" is portrait.<br><br>Dan East<br>Last modification: Dan East - 03/14/01 at 15:01:36
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions