This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

\me is dumb?

\me is dumb?

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 14, 2001 @ 4:14pm

Alright. I downloaded the source, .0051, and compiled it for MIPS not knowing anything about the source, because I haven't been follow and don't know much C/CPP. It compiled fine, except for 6 warnings. I then sent it to my E-125 and started playing. I noticed that one of the Armors doesn't appear, the one in the demo near the time the player encounters the first floating bugger spitting demon. And down many halls the textures blur or disappear to show a completely gray area, only showing entities like tourches. Specificly this happened in the Episodes 2 and 3 Hallways and the Indoor area of LVL 1 after the bridge outside area. Those are the places I've encountered so far. Am I just dumb and need to edit the code some for MIPS or is this a bug?
Moose or Chuck

Re: \me is dumb?

Postby Dan East » Mar 14, 2001 @ 5:42pm

Version 0.05+ contains fixed point conversions that are very low level, and could introduce rendering problems. I am cutting it close on the precision. In some cases there wasn't a single extra bit (literal bit that is). It may be possible that there are areas where precision / range problems may occur. Can you give me the exact map names? Can anyone else verify whether or not this problem occurs on the iPaq version?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 14, 2001 @ 7:05pm

well, the start.bsp level after you go through the difficulty portals look at the halls for Episodes 1 and 2, the textures are all slurd out like they have no end value.<br>On E1M1.bsp after you enter the second indoor area after the bridge outside area look to the left, the main path to the finish is has identical problems. I tried changing r_maxedges and r_maxsurfaces just thinking that may be what happens when those are low, it wasn't.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Mar 14, 2001 @ 9:30pm

I can't reproduce it in the emulator or on the iPaq. Are the problems you encounter like the ones Carpediem describes in the "0.051 Source Available" thread? Just out of curiosity, is your Casio overclocked? <br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 15, 2001 @ 8:25am

Yes, the problem is identical from the description. So I'll quit posting in this thread and let CARPE do the job since he knows C better than I.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Mr Visitor » Mar 15, 2001 @ 11:18am

For what its worth,<br><br>I seemed to have the same problems happening on my overclocked (236) iPAQ, but only on the .5 versions - it was fixed on th .51 version.<br><br><br>I had both problems - Grey textures at the very start of a new game and just inside the building in the first map of easy level.  There is a pool to cross, but you cant see where it is because of the graphical glitch.<br><br>As I say though, all fixed in the .51 release.
Mr Visitor

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions