This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Mlook improvments !!DAN attention please!

Mlook improvments !!DAN attention please!

Postby Fcorp » Mar 15, 2001 @ 1:39pm

Three things have come to my attention concerning the control system<br>Mouselook or Mlook in Pocket Quake. Here are My concerns and some suggestions on<br>how to remedy them.<br><br>1. Sensitivity up<br>   <br>   Is it just me or do most people have their mouse look sensitivity up to the max? I think it should be changed and made more adjustable.More at the top end anyway. which leads me on to the second problem.<br><br>2. MLook resolution <br>   <br>When my MLook speed is set to 12 or maxed out I notice that fine control of the crosshair becomes practically impossible. e.g. trying to snipe someone at a distance becomes quite a problem as the crosshair jumps seemingly from one side of your target to the other. I gave this some thought and came up with the idea of graduating control regions for mlook. If you can imagine within the 3D veiwport a box within a box within a box say. The largest box (stretching the entire with of the veiwport) would Continualy spin you around if the stylus reached the far left or right of the screen and would graduly make you look up to the max if the stylus reached the very top of the veiwport and vica versa. Then the box within that would have less sensitivity and the screen would remain static if the stylus was static like normal and so on to the centre where the central box control region would have the least sensitivity (Great for that long distance shot).<br><br>3. Autocenter<br>   <br>At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, because I know I spoke of this before I want to bring up autocenter(The view returning to<br>the centre when you move) one more time but only<br>because In my belief it is the worst gripe I have with the present<br>Mlook control system. If I could switch off autocenter I think it<br>Would make a vast improvement on the game play. I know quakes auto aim<br>system will always take care of aiming up and down for you (if anyone<br>Knows how to change this please post solution here)and <br>when going up and down steps the view automatically slants to suit<br>But I still cant resist playing in the more modern style of <br>Quake 2. Where mouse look option can be toggled on all the<br>time (currently when playing quake on the pc I resort to jamming<br>a bit of cardboard in to the keyboard to keep the mouse look key <br>permanently engaged, I'm sure theirs another way but cant remember<br>how)e.g. I basically leave the stylus in contact with the screen all<br>the time rather then use constant little dabs of the screen <br>Which is what the present mlook system necessitates. But as I do so their is constant conflict between the stylus input and Autocenter  resulting in random up and down movements of the <br> crosshair.<br>   <br>   All of the above gripes I feel often result in jumpy uncoordinated random movement of the crosshair and if were addressed would in my belief make a vast improvement on the game play.<br>But having said all that What you have done so far with the port<br>   leaves me totally amazed. Keep up the good work.-------____FCORP <br>   Last modification: Fred Shannon - 03/15/01 at 10:39:03
Fcorp
pm Member

Re: Mlook improvments !!DAN attention please!

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 15, 2001 @ 2:31pm

1. I think you can adjust the sensitivity in the options menu, that should be plenty but I don't use the mlook feature anyway, It's not needed and too much of a bother.<br><br>2. I believe that's just the frame rates making it skip so far, but I could be mistaken.<br><br>3. Why would you want it to not auto center anyway? You don't need to be looking straight up to the ceiling and move that the same time. If you do then you're shooting and enemy and must move the mlook anyway so it's constantly on him.
Moose or Chuck

Re: Mlook improvments !!DAN attention please!

Postby Fcorp » Mar 15, 2001 @ 2:41pm

What i ment to say was I had sensitivity to the max and i want more.<br><br>in answer to the rest i say<br>     if the above issues were addresed i garrenty<br>     you would use mlook.<br>
Fcorp
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions