This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Gapi

Gapi

Postby Mike » Mar 17, 2001 @ 7:19am

Hi,<br>I got the GAPI 1.2 from the microsoft site, I installed the 3 files to my Windows Dir using Active sync. Through the IPAQ you can't see the GX.dll file BUT it is there when you check through Active Sync. <br><br>When I try and run Pocket Quake I get "Unable to initialise Game API.<br>You need to place GX.DLL file in the \windows\ dir of the device"<br><br>Any Ideas?<br>
Mike

Re: Gapi

Postby Dan East » Mar 17, 2001 @ 8:17am

You need the ARM version of gx.dll. You do not neead gx.h or gx.lib on your device.<br>You can't see it on your Pocket PC with the File Explorer because it hides .dll files.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby mike durie » Mar 17, 2001 @ 10:34am

Yup,<br>Ok I've removed the two files i don't need.<br><br> I got the gx.dll fron the Microsoft site. It was not possable to select the procceser type. When you unzip the package you get three files one of which is the gx.dll. <br>It's about 11KB and it still dosen't work. <br><br>I unziped the file on my PC and transfered it using active sync.<br><br>I do think your right about it being the wrong type of procceser though.<br><br>Any thoughts?<br><br>
mike durie

Postby Dan East » Mar 17, 2001 @ 11:42am

What are you using to unzip the files? If you are using WinZip, then you must not be specifying Use folder names when you extract. Thus the gx.dll files are overwriting one another, and you just aren't lucky enough that the last gx.dll extracted is the ARM version. Each gx.dll (and gx.lib) are in a separate directory in the zip. I just drag and drop the file directly out of WinZip onto my Pocket PC in Windows Explorer.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Mar 17, 2001 @ 1:17pm

Doh,<br><br>Thanks for that, It looks like It will work now!<br><br>Mike
Mike

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S