This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Question - Passing Command Line Options ?

Question - Passing Command Line Options ?

Postby OrBy » Mar 19, 2001 @ 3:35am

How do you pass a command line option to pocket quake ?<br>(mips build)<br>I have heard that is is possable but i have not seen anywhere on how to do it...<br>(I wanna up the memory that pocket quake allocates on startup - if i got 20mb free - may as well take it all)
OrBy

Re: Question - Passing Command Line Options ?

Postby Dan East » Mar 19, 2001 @ 9:13am

Hold down the action button while holding the stylus on the Clock until a menu appears.<br><br>The current version of PQ ignores the -heapsize parameter (it's hardcoded for a 6.5 MB heap). Version 0.06 now supports user-defined heap sizes. It will be released in a few days.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby OrBy » Mar 19, 2001 @ 3:15pm

Thank you for the info !!!<br>Great to hear and hope for the new release soon !<br>Keep up the great job on the port !
OrBy

Postby Mr Visitor » Mar 19, 2001 @ 4:10pm

Is it possible to put some of the command lines into an autoexec file or similar (thinking about it, does Pocket PC accept Batch files??)<br><br>I ask because I am having trouble running the omicron bot from the command line, and even if I did get it to work, typing in the path each time is a hassle.<br><br>I have no idea if this is possible and I completly understand if you dont want to do it, but if its possible AND easy to do I would reallly appreciate it.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Andy
Mr Visitor

Postby randall » Mar 19, 2001 @ 4:34pm

There are all kinds of different methods to get around things. It just depends on what you want to accomplish.<br><br>I am currently using the reaperbot and got tired of typing in the "quake.exe -game rpbot" as well. So I replaced the original progs.dat file with the reaperbots progs.dat file.<br><br>Most mods, bots etc. can be implemented the same way. This pretty much "disables" the SinglePlayer game, but I never played SP much anyway.<br><br>If you are handy with shortcuts, you could try that method instead.<br><br>As far as the batch files go, PocketPCs don't support them [natively]. I'd be interested to know if CE does support some kind of scripting.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Mr Visitor » Mar 19, 2001 @ 5:05pm

Cheers Randal, I was hoping that I wouldnt have to mess about with the pak files, and showing off my Pocket PC by starting 'Real' Quake to too cool to get rid of the single player version.<br><br>As I have a microdrive, I might make two versions and see what happens.<br><br>Cheers anyway m8,<br><br>Andy
Mr Visitor

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions