This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Can this be true? Quake on a PPC?!?

Re: Can this be true? Quake on a PPC?!?

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 19, 2001 @ 7:51pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 19, 2001 @ 9:01pm

Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby SonicSilicon » Mar 19, 2001 @ 9:39pm

I must be strange. I just bought a refurbished Cassiopeia E-105 just over a month ago. Cost me $300 + tax and s/h. It replaced my Nino (which I got for the same price but came with more stuff) because its screen cracked (and just a few months outside waranty.) I've been very satisfied, and only wish there was a foldable keyboard available for it. But I didn't buy mine for entertainment alone. I do image editting on it, which requires the 16-bit color screen (currently I'm testing out Conduit's Pocket Artist, which is suprosingly useful.) To that extent I needed the CompactFlash slot to directly copy pictures from a digital camera to my Palm-Size PC. There was no way I wass going to spend over $500 (for either the E-125 or the iPaq) for the same capability. Heck, I liked Doom better anyway (especially since I got the registered copy for free from a box of Chex, legally!) Okay, enough of my blabbering :)
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » Mar 19, 2001 @ 9:44pm

Haceme un pete Randall, me tienen las bolas llenas tus comentarios gilunes de siempre.<br><br>Last modification: CARPEDIEM - 03/19/01 at 18:44:38
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Mark Rejhon » Mar 20, 2001 @ 8:07am

>>"The iPaq with ANY SLEEVE is TWICE AS THICK as the Casio. I repeat, the iPaq is NOT SMALLER."<br><br>Corrections:<br><br>(*) The iPaq with the CF sleeve is only about 20% thicker.<br><br>(*) The iPaq is much smaller without a sleeve; for people who never have any sleeves (like me)<br><br>(*) The iPaq-with-sleeve versus E125 is approximately the same cubic volume, despite the iPaq being thicker - this is because of the rounded edges of the sleeve making up for the extra thickness.  So it kinda balances out.<br><br>Mind you, I really like the better indoors Casio screens, and better gamepad - better for games (except for speed).  But I won't be giving up my iPaq until the "wave" of next-generation PocketPC's.   (Probably skipping over the 64meg iPaq myself for the future 400 Mhz model by Casio or Compaq)
Mark Rejhon

Postby Mark Rejhon » Mar 20, 2001 @ 8:23am

Photo of iPaq in direct sunlight with the backlight turned off:<br><br><br><br>Relative thickness of iPaq versus the E115:<br><br>The naked iPaq is closer to thickness to a PalmV than an E115 or E125.
Mark Rejhon

Postby J1m3 » Mar 20, 2001 @ 8:50am

MAN!!! You guys are totally hardcore!!! I start a topic here 24 hours ago and there's 3 pages of replies already! <br><br>Anyway, after reading "Moose Master"s reply saying "i'd wait a bit" i almost fell off my seat. I ordered an iPaq today, and even sent off the bank cheque via express post. So please someone re-assure me that this purchase isn't a total waste!!! I'm wanting to know how serverly this one button ipaq bug is and how the stylus works with it... <br><br>Also, i'm interested in networking/modem diauping with my ipaq... what is this CF sleeve or whatever people keep talking about? How much money are we talking here to get one of these and a network card or modem? And can you get modems that can connect directly to GSM cellular networks? (i'd assume they need their own sim card?)<br><br>Thanks guys!!!
J1m3

Postby Mr Visitor » Mar 20, 2001 @ 10:18am

Although slower than Doom, I find the playablity of Quake much better Doom.<br><br>The mouse-look with the stylus and movement and shooting with the D-Pad is a genius work-around for the button problem, and gives much better control than would be gained by using buttons alone.  Quake is a game where you need the analouge mouse-style control for looking up and down as well as turning left and right.<br><br>You will not be dissapointed.
Mr Visitor

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 20, 2001 @ 3:41pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » Mar 20, 2001 @ 3:55pm

pm Member

Previous

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East