This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Custom Built Map For Pocket Quake Multiplayer

Re: Custom Built Map For Pocket Quake Multiplayer

Postby 999 » Mar 16, 2001 @ 5:00pm

Thanks FCORP ;)<br><br>I tinkered for the better part of the day with item placement and such.  There used to be two rooms added on to this, but it didn't enhance the play very much.<br><br>I figure my goal is to make 3 small maps like this, then link them all together to make one big map suitable for more bots.<br><br>Again, thanks for all the tips.<br><br>Regarding the Tasbar, it's skinned using , lite task manager.<br><br>BTW- Skinning absolutely sucks.  You can spend hours with all the possibilities.  Since I suck, I'm going to use the excuse that less texture overhead is another thing i'm shooting for (yea, that's the ticket~).<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Fcorp » Mar 16, 2001 @ 8:05pm

999:<br><br>I downloaded wis bar, handy program except<br>my On screen keyboard still does not have<br>an esc key.One other thing you could help me <br>with is Omnicron bot.I was using reaper bot<br>with no trouble but when i tried Omnicron<br>just before a level loads i get a heap alocation<br>faliure . Which version of Omnicron bot do you <br>Have?I got version 1.02 (final) the Prog.dat<br>file is 927 kb which seems large to me. And<br>the player model file is 1.44 mb which also <br>seems large.I have 17 mb free when running the <br>game. Do you get this error?<br>--------FCORP
Fcorp
pm Member

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 16, 2001 @ 8:45pm

He is using Fitaly as his keyboard. It's available at .
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Sethsez » Mar 16, 2001 @ 10:19pm

Okay, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Quake, but how do I play this level?  I know it's probably something simple, but it's late and I'm tired :).
Sethsez
pm Member

Postby randall » Mar 16, 2001 @ 11:26pm

So I'm sittin' at the airport with nothing to do, and I decide to play some PocketQuake. Yep, the only two maps I bothered playing were maldm.bsp and 999a.bsp in a bot deathmatch.<br><br>For quick and fast action, 999s rocketarena is about as fast and furious as you can get. Not too many places to hide from those explosions. It's especially hardcore as a 1-on-1.<br><br>For some serious "hunt and kill", Fcorps map branches out into tight corridors. All kinds of places to sneak around and take out your opponent from behind. It supports quite a few bots as well.<br><br>The first two maps designed specifically for PocketQuake are as different as night and day. That makes them both a "must-have".<br><br>I completely removed the Single-Player game in favor of loading more DeathMatch maps. I can't wait to see what you guys churn out next. Thanks.
randall
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Mar 17, 2001 @ 2:54am

Randall:<br><br>I've done the same thing with my PAK files :D<br><br>All I've got is the two PPC maps and the required media.  Y'know, since these files are so small, I was considering gzipping them back up and keeping everything locally on my 'paqqy. <br><br>I'm working on my second map now.  It's another big box, but this time, broken into rooms.  I've been toying with some traps.  I love smashing ppl with the flick of a switch :D  I hope to employ that into this map if it will work (no point in putting it in if u can't really use it effectively).<br><br>Seth:<br>Map installation and execution are explained in the TXT file found in the Map zip file.<br><br>Last modification: 999 - 03/16/01 at 23:54:38
pm Member

Postby Fcorp » Mar 17, 2001 @ 4:41am

Thanks Randall :D<br>Considering a hotel or airport setting for the next one It Will be posted here Soon.<br>-----_____-_-____________---__FcorpLast modification: Fcorp - 03/17/01 at 01:41:39
Fcorp
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » Mar 17, 2001 @ 2:14pm

Wow what a great map Fcorp, Please keep this kick ass good work up, i just played against 4 bots at a really good framerate on my Casio. You better make more maps in that style, i certainly love them.<br>999's map is awesome too but since i don't use the stylus to play it's pretty hard to aim and i always keep eating led.<br><br>You ought to try to make a map like Counter strike's "dust" or "Italy", that would be awesome.<br><br>Keep the good work up you two. You should team up!<br><br><br>Last modification: CARPEDIEM - 03/17/01 at 11:14:26
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 17, 2001 @ 2:17pm

yah.. or the new counterstrike map "inferno". That one is nice.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Mr Visitor » Mar 17, 2001 @ 2:54pm

WOW!<br><br>I have just downloaded your maps and all I can say is WOW!<br><br>Its amazing how fast they run, especially the mall map - how can a map that big run so well? its amazing!<br><br>Could I just ask for one favour tho, create a faq in running bots in PocketQuake?<br><br><br>I have downloaded Omicron bot and put it in a directory called omicron as per the instructions, but I cant get the command line parameters to work.<br><br>I followed the advice in 999's readme file and got the 'Run' popup but it doesnt find the file.<br><br>I have quake on my microdrive and I have tried typing the following, but I get no luck:<br><br>\storage card\quake\id1\quake.exe -game omicron<br>\storage+card\quake\id1\quake.exe -game omicron<br><br>And it returns:<br>Cannot find 'quake' (or one of its components). yadda yadda yadda<br><br>What am I doing wrong?<br><br>Is there any way to start the omicron bot from the console??<br><br>And while we are on about the console, how do you bring it up in landscape mode??<br><br><br>I hope you can help me, im desperate to play the new levels with some bots!<br>
Mr Visitor

Postby Sethsez » Mar 17, 2001 @ 3:21pm

Thanks (I told you I was tired at the time :)).  These maps are great!
Sethsez
pm Member

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 17, 2001 @ 3:24pm

I'm not sure about Pocket PC, but in windows you need to use "'s around commands that have spaces (such as storage card).<br><br>Try these:<br><br>"\storage card\quake\id1\quake.exe -game omicron"<br>"\storage card\quake\id1\quake.exe" -game omicron<br><br>Fcorp... [url=mailto:chris@pocketmatrix.com]email me[/url] with some questions and answers and I will add them to the pocketquake faq.<br><br>You can also add them yourself at: . I have created a subsection called Add-ons that is in the pocketquake faq. You can add it to that.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Mr Visitor » Mar 17, 2001 @ 4:09pm

Cheers Chris!<br><br>To put spaces into filenames etc, its normal to put a + (its the same as if you want to put a space in a URL querystring)<br><br>Although that didnt seem to work for me..<br><br>I will try your Qoute method and see if that works.<br><br>Thanks again!
Mr Visitor

Postby Mr Visitor » Mar 17, 2001 @ 4:19pm

After a bit of searching the PocketQuake FAQ is available here: http://www.pocketmatrix.com/faq/<br><br>Any chance of making this a perminent link on the homepage, as im sure a lot of other people wont bother trying to search for it...<br><br><br>Cheers again to all concerned!
Mr Visitor

Postby Mr Visitor » Mar 17, 2001 @ 5:05pm

Right!<br><br>Problem 1:<br><br>I was trying to run quake.exe not pocketquake.exe!!<br><br><br>If I try<br>"\storage card\quake\id1\pocketquake.exe" <br><br>Quake runs normally.<br><br>But If I try:<br><br>"\storage card\quake\id1\pocketquake.exe -game omicron" <br><br>It doesnt run at all with the message, Cannot find 'pocketquake.exe -game omicron' yadda yadda yadda.<br><br>999, do you have any tips??
Mr Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions