This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

>Unofficial Jordana Release<

Re: >Unofficial Jordana Release<

Postby Dan East » Mar 15, 2001 @ 6:01pm

Make sure you backup your device first!! The problem causing PQ to crash on SH3 devices has not been identified, and thus probably still exists.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Elvisfrog » Mar 16, 2001 @ 1:17am

Jornada 548, Quake starts up with the new update 5.1 but then as loading the demo it craps. Fatal application error, Quake caused an illegal operation.<br><br>If you need testers let me know.  I will work with you guys.  Just email me the updates and I will test.<br><br>*llve
Elvisfrog

Postby Dan East » Mar 16, 2001 @ 8:33am

Are you getting exception 0x800000002?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby James » Mar 16, 2001 @ 10:56am

Dan,<br><br>Yes.  <br><br>FATAL APPLICATION ERROR<br><br>Application sh3PocketQuake51.exe has...<br><br>program:<br>sh3PocketQuake51.exe<br>Exception:0x80000002<br>Address:0001963c<br>Fatal Apllication Error
James

Postby ShovelhEd » Mar 19, 2001 @ 12:39am

I have a Jornada 548 and would love to help test this.  Let me know.
ShovelhEd

Postby Rockwell » Mar 19, 2001 @ 8:55am

It craps out for me with the same error message.  <br><br>5.4 Mb storage RAM, 11.34 Mb Program RAM.<br><br>It gets as far as displaying the ABOUT screen, then starting the demo loop.  The last lines are "Playing demo from demo1.dem" and "3 demo(s) in loop".  The map it loads is "The Necropolis".<br><br>It seems to crap out just as the sound starts to play, and makes two identical sounds.  Both sounds are resemblent of the grenades being launched, and both sounds occur within half a second.  Then the Application error message comes up.<br><br>Hope this helps;<br><br>--- a proud owner of the Jornada :)
Rockwell

Postby Rockwell » Mar 19, 2001 @ 3:40pm

Also...<br>I was finally able to bring up the console (present, in the background) by messing with the keyboard (on, off, on again, off again, etc...)  <br><br>After the 0x8000002 message, the console reads, in part:<br>"] AUX21 not bound, press F4 to set<br>] AUX20 not bound, press F4 to set<br>] AUX23 not bound, press F4 to set<br>] AUX22 not bound, press F4 to set<br>]"<br><br>After bringing up the keyboard, typing "QUIT<enter>" then cleans everything up and closes it all down.<br><br>Hope this helps.... From a tester's perspective....<br>
Rockwell

Postby randall » Mar 19, 2001 @ 4:54pm

The "auxX not bound" messages aren't anything critical. It's just notifying the user that those buttons are not set.<br><br>At least you're able to bring up the console, though. Try a bunch of other commands to see if they do anything, just for fun.<br><br>map start<br><br>Will start the SinglePlayer game. Although you may not see much, since the SH3 version doesn't draw the world from what I hear.
randall
pm Insider

Postby rockwell » Mar 20, 2001 @ 10:31am

I was finally able (once) to bring up the familiar menu:  Single player, MultiPlayer, options,.... then it again locked up before I could tap anything.  Pretty tight... again, the only thing that worked was to type "QUIT<enter>" on the keyboard.  Apparently the keyboard is smart enough to accept commands and hand them off to the underlying (but not visible) console.  That cleared everything up... hee hee<br><br>Now I'll try other console options (via the keyboard) - if I can remember them all... :)<br><br>When is .0061 being released?  Or, will it be an update to the SH3 platform?
rockwell

Postby Rockwell » Mar 20, 2001 @ 10:35am

Uh oh.<br><br>Apparently typing anything in the keyboard (valid to Quake or not!) - then pressing ENTER - closes it down.<br><br>Oh well...
Rockwell

Postby ShovelhEd » Mar 21, 2001 @ 10:51am

Bummer.... same thing happens to My Jornada (I expected it would)<br>Reading a web site about this error it says:<br>EXCEPTION_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT <br>The thread tried to read or write data that is misaligned on hardware that doesn't provide alignment. . SetErrorMode() may be used to modify the system's behaviour and auto-correct such misalignment, albeit at significantly imparied performance.<br>Not found on x86 boxes, but may appear on Merced or on on CE units.<br><br>Just a FYI
ShovelhEd

Postby Dan East » Mar 21, 2001 @ 10:58am

What exception code are you getting?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby ShovelhEd » Mar 21, 2001 @ 11:10am

same as the others:<br>0x80000002<br>any idea?
ShovelhEd

More info...

Postby ShovelhEd » Mar 21, 2001 @ 11:15am

Found this as well<br>"The thread tried to read or write data that is misaligned on hardware that does not provide alignment. For example, 16-bit values must be aligned on 2-byte boundaries; 32-bit values on 4-byte boundaries, and so on."<br>
ShovelhEd

Postby Dan East » Mar 21, 2001 @ 11:16am

MSDN and Error Lookup report 0x80000002 as Out of Memory. Where did you see otherwise?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions