This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Freaking ERROR message!

Freaking ERROR message!

Postby Holydreamer_X » Mar 20, 2001 @ 10:00am

What the heck? A QUAKE error!!! Sucks man!!!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!<br>The error message says<br><br>"W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad"<br><br>WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?<br>I love quake! Need help now and fast! Thanks<br><br>Dickson
yeah!
Holydreamer_X
pm Member

Re: Freaking ERROR message!

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 20, 2001 @ 3:26pm

Alright. Now I know this isn't your fault so I won't yell at you. I'll yell at the site authors THIS time.<br><br>Dan\Matt\999\whoever author's the PQ Website. ADD A LINK TO THE FAQ AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE, NEXT TO THE DOWNLOAD LINK!<br><br>Now, to fix this 'error' try a few things:<br>1) Make sure the game is in the \quake directory with the PAK file in the \quake\ID1 directory<br>It can be in the \Storage Card\quake\ID1 directory if you have a storage card. It can not be in a sub directory like \My Documents\quake or like \Program Files\Games\quake. You can add a shortcut to it in the start menu afterwards.<br>2) Make sure the PAK file is unZIPped, but not unGZIPped. Use WinZip to unZIP it, the file name should be pak0.pak.gz. You can unGZIP it if you have enough space on your device.<br>3) There are a million other causes of that message, make sure you have read the readme so I don't have to waste MY time telling YOU what I've already DONE and what EVERYONE ELSE has done successfully
Moose or Chuck

Postby What next? » Mar 20, 2001 @ 11:40pm

What is the Pocket Quake Source in the download page?<br><br>What is that?<br>
What next?

Postby randall » Mar 21, 2001 @ 3:30am

It's a virus. Don't download it.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 21, 2001 @ 3:01pm

If you don't know what source is you have no use in downloading it. Randall, I thought you were a nice person than that~ :D
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Mar 21, 2001 @ 5:52pm

You're right, if he doesn't know, he shouldn't be downloading it. If he doesn't know whether it's a virus or not, he SURE AS HELL shouldn't be downloading it. I guess that was my point.<br><br>Or something.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 7:32am

Ya, "or something" is right :)
Moose or Chuck

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S