This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

does it chop for you guys to?

does it chop for you guys to?

Postby =| NFAA |= » Mar 21, 2001 @ 9:17am

Hi All!<br><br>I have a CASIO E-125 204Mhz (overcklocked)<br>I run quake on my Device, and the Extracted 18MB WAD file (ID1-folder) on a IBM Microdrive 340MB Disc.<br><br>It chops like hell when comming in the large areas, does it do for you to?<br><br>For an exampel, when chosing HARD, MEDIUM, BASIC difficulty, the large Hall, chopps like hell.<br><br>Please, if there is any tweaks that I can do, please tell me.<br><br>Best Regards<br><br>Kenneth<br><br>PS. excuse my bad english spelling DS.
=| NFAA |=

Re: does it chop for you guys to?

Postby Fcorp » Mar 21, 2001 @ 1:42pm

Currently the best you can do to get a smooth<br>Constant Frame rate is to play multiplayer<br>against Artifical Intellegence players or bot's<br>on the custom maps that myself and 999 have created. Read the Custom Maps For PocketQuake<br>Thread for more info.<br>______--_____---------______Fcorp<br><br><br><br><br>
Fcorp
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 21, 2001 @ 3:11pm

What version of PocketQuake are you running? My E-125 @ 180MHz runs reasonably well. An easy 4 FPS when going through those halls, then reaches 14+ FPS when almost to the portal. That's not too choppy, atleast for me. Remember this is a reasonably advanced game with few optimisations for a PocketPC as of yet.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 21, 2001 @ 8:38pm

14+! geez, Moose, how does that happen, I thought you were @ 3.1 or 2.9!
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 7:46am

I get 7.2 FPS on the timedemo<br>When your against a wall, in the hall near the portal, it easily shoots up to 14,15, maybe 20 in some tighter less detailed halls. If I stand at the start area I'm getting around 3 to 5. Can't tell when FPS goes below 5 FPS. I'm just eyeing this of course, but I know what FPS look like. All those years of cl_maxfps ing in Quake2 has conditioned my senses.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 22, 2001 @ 1:13pm

WOW! that is almost as fast as the iPAQ!
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 1:42pm

And remember, I'm only at 180MHz, how fast is the iPaq? 10FPS? or more like 9.3? a precise number would be useful in this conversation.
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Mar 22, 2001 @ 2:38pm

Actually, a console command like cl_maxfps would be useful. It would tell you the FPS in real time. I forgot all about that command.
randall
pm Insider

Postby =| NFAA |= » Mar 23, 2001 @ 5:15am

I run the latest version that I dd/L.<br><br>but for an example, when running the "demo" on the intro, as soon as the monsters comes up, the  fps drops...=(<br><br>thnx<br>/kenneth
=| NFAA |=

Postby randall » Mar 23, 2001 @ 5:58am

um, yeah that's what happens when the polys take a sudden jump.
randall
pm Insider

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions