This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Quake or Doom For Jornada

Quake or Doom For Jornada

Postby cyrus » Mar 22, 2001 @ 12:01pm

Please help Me! I bought a HP Jornada, and I really would like to find a 3D game such as Doom or quake that would work on it! Please E-mail me if you have ANY good 3D action game that would work on my Jornada 540 (SH3). I don't care what it is or how big, just as long as it is a decent 3D action game! Thank you!
cyrus

Re: Quake or Doom For Jornada

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 1:36pm

First of all, you bought JORNADA and want to play games on it? LOL.<br>Ok, go to www.jimmysoftware.com to get a freeware version of Doom4CE that works on your Jornada. That's about it though, can't think of anything other than that freeware Pac-Man game.
Moose or Chuck

Postby ShovelhEd » Mar 22, 2001 @ 1:52pm

Hey!<br><br>There is a port of Q3 for the Jornada but it doesn't run yet.  I think Dan is working on the problem.  There might be hope yet.<br><br>
ShovelhEd

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 5:52pm

Use tildes (~) after a sentence, in the place of a period, that uses sarcasm please.
Moose or Chuck

Postby ~Shovelhed~ » Mar 22, 2001 @ 6:25pm

~huh?~<br><br>~what do you mean by that?~<br>Why are you so bitter about Jornadas...  Did one bite you on the ass as a child?
~Shovelhed~

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 7:32pm

My Brother has a Jornada, He's a realtor, kind of. It's an amazing machine, but for businesses, not gaming.
Moose or Chuck

Postby ShovelhEd » Mar 22, 2001 @ 8:52pm

Well....  at least there might be one game soon...  and if it's going to be anything, Quake is just fine by me!!
ShovelhEd

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 23, 2001 @ 3:29pm

I doubt Quake will be to much fun on a Jornada. It would have to be extremely optimised and I don't think any programmer out there has a Jornada to debug it on. So Jornada users may be out of luck for a while, when they get into the luck I doubt they'll want to play much of Quake anyway. Did someone say <2 FPS?
Moose or Chuck

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions