This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Donation link fixed

Donation link fixed

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 18, 2001 @ 9:54pm

Having Problems with the old link?<br><br><br><br>Try that one.. It should work...
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Re: Donation link fixed

Postby Mark Rejhon » Mar 25, 2001 @ 8:23pm

Hi,<br><br>Did anybody else donate?  <br><br>I've already done my $200 <br>(Dan East can confirm this, as my cheque got cashed).
Mark Rejhon

Postby Dan East » Mar 25, 2001 @ 10:08pm

Yes, I received Mark's check a few days ago. I would like to thank him for making good with his promise to award the first person to port Quake to the iPaq. I am almost up to $1 an hour on this project. :)<br>Funds donated via paypal will be distributed between supporting this website and reimbursing programmers who have significantly contributed to Pocket Quake.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Mark Rejhon » Mar 26, 2001 @ 7:13am

It took me a month longer to mail out the cheque, simply because I didn't have the darn Citibank cheques (when you cashed it, you notice they were temporary cheques).<br><br>I made the PocketQuake challenge while I was in Canada.  I now live in the USA.
Mark Rejhon

Postby Mark Rejhon » Mar 26, 2001 @ 7:18am

$1 per hour!  I've earned less than that writing GNU copyleft software contributions to Linux software in my University days in 1993 and 1994...  <br><br>But what you're doing may be more valuable on your resume - with the attention you're getting.  I would not be surprised if one of the gaming magazines eventually picks up a side article "Gaming on the PocketPC" with PocketQuake and your name mentioned in it!    <br><br>Now, let's see nVidia put a Geforce2-Go mobile 3D chip in a 500 Mhz PDA, and we can finally port GLQuake ;-)
Mark Rejhon

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 26, 2001 @ 3:05pm

An employee at PCGamer has already posted on this forum, once, and I was planning on writing up an article at 3DGameGear.com but have never had the unph to get started.
Moose or Chuck

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions