This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

bot question...

bot question...

Postby xidknightx » Mar 26, 2001 @ 8:23pm

Ok so I read the long bot thread but my question is how do i change the quake command line so i can start it as a bot game??
xidknightx

Re: bot question...

Postby Sparky009 » Mar 26, 2001 @ 8:33pm

you don't... you make (or get) a pak file for the bots and rename it to pak0.pak, and it'll load up with PQ. Of course, having maps is also important...
Sparky009
pm Member

Postby xidknightx » Mar 26, 2001 @ 9:46pm

But if I do that what happens to the original pak0 that Quake needs in order to run?
xidknightx

Postby randall » Mar 26, 2001 @ 11:49pm

There are a million different ways to get the bots to work. FIRST, you have to ensure you can use modified files, which means you must have the registered version. If you don't, then you're wasting everyone's time.<br><br>Usually, Quake mods modify the Progs.dat file. To differentiate the ORIGINAL progs.dat file from the mod, the mod is usually stored in a different folder.<br><br>Instead, put the mod in the "\quake\id1\" folder. This will override the default file.<br><br>As long as you have PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PAK present on your device (or some workaround like mine), no other modifications should be necessary.
randall
pm Insider

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions