This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

What is the playability of Quake on the CasioM 115

What is the playability of Quake on the CasioM 115

Postby Adam » Apr 8, 2001 @ 10:48pm

I will be using my pda for both WMV media files (Movies) and Quake(Games)<br>I want to know what the playability I.E Speed, Graphics and Controls.<br>I dont know whether to get an Ipaq or the casio.<br>I will mainly be using it for multimedia fuctions such as movies?<br>Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Adam

Re: What is the playability of Quake on the CasioM 115

Postby Muad'Dib » Apr 9, 2001 @ 12:30am

Well it works, the frame rate is veryvariable, getting anywhere from 15-20 fps when standing in a cornor, to 1.5 or less when in a large room.  It all depends on how far off you are looking.<br><br>I was thinking that to overcome this the pocket quake team might think of putting HUGE ammounts of fog n the game.
Muad'Dib

Postby Adam » Apr 9, 2001 @ 12:34am

So is it playable much?<br>ie. Controls and graphics?<br>Is the low frame rate that noticable or dose it flow nicly.<br>Also whats the Casio like at Hi-Res Movies?<br>Is it slow at processing these too?
Adam

Postby Jaybot » Apr 9, 2001 @ 8:58am

If you're seriously considering getting an Ipaq or a Casio, why did you ask how well it runs on a E-115. or that was M-155 is that like a mix of the EM-500 and the E-115 :) anyway, the E-115 is a lot like playing Quake under a strobe light.  If you're that concerned about the frame rate (does it flow nicely?) then get the Ipaq.  Hi res movies meaning what exactly?  800x600 vs. 320x240 high res, or 240x176 at 300-400k a second vs. 176x144 at 33k a second?  It runs movies fine if you know what you're doing.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S