This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

? Is poocketquake dead?

Re: ? Is poocketquake dead?

Postby Jaybot » Mar 31, 2001 @ 7:17pm

oh.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby OrBy » Apr 7, 2001 @ 2:07pm

BUMP !<br>hey how about a status update...<br>.plan mabe ?<br><br>AHHH its sillyboy !!!!!!
OrBy

Postby Dan East » Apr 8, 2001 @ 11:35am

It's taken me a little longer to get around to finishing up a fixed point conversion, because:<br>It's spring and it's been in the 80's here the last couple of days, and I've been outside the whole time (I'm not that big of a computer geek - at least I don't look like one. :) )<br>My wife had me working on a construction project.<br>I've got real programming to do too. <br><br>I really hope to have 0.06 out by the end of this week. I'm just not for releasing a version every time I change a couple lines of code.<br>Current changes for 0.06 include:<br><br>* Auto yaw rotation added.<br>* Pocket Quake now takes over the whole screen (no more SIP icon in the bottom right).<br>* New "TaskBar" added, providing Minimize, Quit, Mute and a clock (when running in portrait mode).<br>* -heapsize parameter now honored.<br>* Perspective Correction fixed (no more warped walls).<br>* Fixed Point conversion increases fps ~1 fps.<br><br>I hope for a larger increase in fps when the current fixed point conversion is complete.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Apr 8, 2001 @ 11:38am

Also, PQ will try to use a larger memory heap if you have lots of free program RAM available. I don't know what effect, if any, this would have on performance. It should allow for menu images and sounds to stay loaded after you start playing, so the next time you bring them up there is no delay (when using gzipped pak files).<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby OrBy » Apr 8, 2001 @ 1:02pm

Good to hear! I really dont mean to be pestering the pq team but us little people just like to be in the loop.<br>80's huh - sometimes i really hate living in canada :P (shiver)
OrBy

Postby Mark (killzat) » Apr 9, 2001 @ 11:48pm

Awwww a new version of PocketQuake... awwwwwwww<br><br>Jesus the drool never stops!
Mark (killzat)

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 10, 2001 @ 3:40am

New version? Wha? Where?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Gods Gift » Apr 10, 2001 @ 4:35pm

Moose, I think you missed out When !!!
Gods Gift

Previous

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort