This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

A Jornada 720 version using the new GAPI

Re: A Jornada 720 version using the new GAPI

Postby Dr Slump » Jul 20, 2001 @ 4:09pm

Dr Slump

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 20, 2001 @ 4:30pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby R0B » Jul 25, 2001 @ 11:00pm

What's that you say?  You want antoher update that lets you use the strl and alt keys.  But why would you want that?  Well, here you go.  Keep in mind that I haven't tested this yet.  I would have, but I acidently deleted Pak1.pak and pak0.pak from my storage card, and I am loading them back on right now.  If it doesn't work, please let me know.  I should be able to test it by tomorrow.  BTW if there are any other keys that don't work, feel free to tell me, it takes about 2 seconds to add a new key config.
"1011001010 NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" -Bender
R0B
got muffins?

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 26, 2001 @ 9:53am

I personally can't play Quake without the scroll lock key. Right there by Print Screen and Pause. It's my most used button, next to the asterik in the number pad of course. Can you program that in for my Conglomo 9800 HPC?<br>;D
Moose or Chuck

Postby Anthrax » Jul 26, 2001 @ 11:48am

Hmm...replaced the .exe file with the new one, tried to bind ctrl and alt--no joy.  The game still isn't seeing the keys (although it does register a keystroke on the Controls menu--i.e., the equal sign changes to a caret--but doesn't change the bound key).<br><br>
Anthrax

"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns." --Jack Handey
Anthrax
pm Member

Postby Jay Mattis » Jul 29, 2001 @ 11:27pm

I am trying to compile Pocket Quake for the Jornada 680, but I am not sure how to go around the PocketPC only dinput.h file.  How was this done?
Jay Mattis

Postby R0B » Jul 30, 2001 @ 4:51pm

OK, here is what you have to do.  If anything, dinput would only be used for keyboard input (I haven't looked to see if that is included in dinput.h or not.  That is if you are planning on removing the vpad.  So, here is wat I recomend.  Delete all refrences to <dinput.h> and see what additional errors you find.  Then fix those errors by either removing that code (if you no longer need it), finding another function that does the same thing in a different include file, or make a routine that emulates the dinput.h file.  Most of dinput appears to be for joysticks and mice.  I saw one refrence for force feedback (I wish ;) ).  Other than that, good luck.  With a little time, you should see Quake running just fine (only maybe a little slow).
R0B
got muffins?

Postby R0B » Jul 31, 2001 @ 4:53pm

Ok, I just tested this version of PQ and both the CTRL and ALT keys work.  It was such a simple thing to fix, I can't believe I didn't see it earlier.  Well, Sorry to keep you all waiting.  BTW, a special thanks goes out to Anthrax for being the first person to make a donation to me.  Thanks!!!  If you would like to make a donation, simply go here and you can change the amount= block to how much you want to donate.  Here is the address to the new version <br>
R0B
got muffins?

Postby Anthrax » Jul 31, 2001 @ 10:26pm

Works like a charm, Rob.  Thanks!<br><br>P.S. If anyone knows how to configure Quake so it's in "always run" but you can hold down a key (shift) to walk, please let me know.
Anthrax

"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns." --Jack Handey
Anthrax
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 1, 2001 @ 2:48pm

Set always run in options then set a key to walk or run in the key config. DUH.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Anthrax » Aug 1, 2001 @ 5:09pm

Hm...What's the bind for walk?  (I tried "walk" and "+walk" and those ain't it)  See, the Options menu only gives a "run" key to bind, not a walk key.  In Half-Life (and about every other game), if you're in Always Run, the Run key switches you to walk if you hold it down.  Ain't doin' it on my 720.  Maybe it's a hardware/key mapping issue.  Rob?
Anthrax

Anthrax
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 1, 2001 @ 5:26pm

Just bind the miserable key to run already! Like i said! In the control config in the options menu!
Moose or Chuck

Postby Anthrax » Aug 1, 2001 @ 8:07pm

You're not getting it, Moose.  I can bind a key to "run" (the command is "+speed") that will make the player run if "Always Run" is OFF in the Options Menu.  But if "Always Run" is ON (which I prefer), then pressing the "run" key doesn't make the player WALK like it should (the converse).  This would be handy for looking over the edges of bridges, etc. (so you move slower and have better control).<br><br>
Anthrax

Anthrax
pm Member

Postby R0B » Aug 1, 2001 @ 8:21pm

Why not bind one key to always run on, and one key to to always run off?
R0B
got muffins?

Postby Anthrax » Aug 1, 2001 @ 11:37pm

I figured it out.  It just requires the simplest of aliases.  Credit should go to , whose wallhugging article I found it in.<br><br>//To run by default with a keypress bound <br>//to walk, leave "Always Run" OFF, and <br>//include "+speed" and the following in your<br>//config (substitute the key of your <br>//choice for "shift" ):<br>alias +walk -speed;<br>alias -walk +speed;<br>bind shift +walk;<br><br>
Anthrax

Anthrax
pm Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions