This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketQuake mouse support..!?

PocketQuake mouse support..!?

Postby Guest » Apr 17, 2005 @ 2:17pm

I'm playing PocketQuake through Wi-Fi network at home. I use Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX 720 and AMILO PRO notebook. Notebook is the server (running WinQuake 1.00) and pocket pc is the client :D Network battle is great!!! BUT!!! I'm using an USB keyboard attached to the LOOX to play more comfortable but still it's not very cool to play without mouse. I tried to attach simple Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse M-BJ58 through USB host of my LOOX and it works fine in Windows Mobile menus and programs, but when I start PocketQuake and write +mlook in the console mouse still doesn't control the look but I can see the cursor on the window and can move it. I guess there is no +mlook support for the pocketquake though it would be great!!! :) For instance, I've just ordered ThinkOutside Stowaway Bundle with BT Keyboard and Travel Mouse, and it would be great to use that BT Travel Mouse in PocketQuake :) Any suggestions?

By the way, after one hour of playing on my LOOX in Turbo mode the main battery overheated :lol: and refused to charge. I had to open the cover of the battery and to fan the rear side and the battery with the fresh air for about 15 minutes :lol:

Postby NikJEHummer » Apr 17, 2005 @ 2:21pm

It's me, NikJEHummer, I posted the theme, something went wrong with Log In, or I just disconnected while I was writing that topic :?
NikJEHummer
pm Member

Postby sponge » Apr 17, 2005 @ 7:45pm

I think PocketQuake has been hacked a bit TOO much, as normally it acts like the PC version. Only solution is to dive into the code, as Dan is far too busy to update PocketQuake for the forseeable future.
holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Postby NikJEHummer » Apr 17, 2005 @ 9:54pm

Hmm, dive into code.. that's going to be very difficult though I know basics of the programming in some languages. Configurations and little scripts, network setup - that's what I can do, but not advanced programming :( But I think when Windows Mobile 2005 comes out, Dan should write new pocketquake.exe 0.070 for example ;) to support new operating system and fix some bugs, like that with mouse. It would be great also to see some speed improvements in landscape mode ;) Ok, good luck in development guys, I believe in you!
NikJEHummer
pm Member

Postby sponge » Apr 18, 2005 @ 1:22am

holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S