This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Access Violation in PQ I and II

Access Violation in PQ I and II

Postby Workman » Aug 3, 2005 @ 12:16pm

Hey.

I'm trying to get either/both PQI and II working on the evc++ 4.0 emulator. I'm using pocket pc platform for the pocket pc emulator v4.2. I have all libs linking so that the program compiles. I have also tried to ensure all the dlls necessary are installed on the emulator. Nonetheless, when I try to execute either game, they don't work. I shall try to be as detailed as possible below.

For PQI:
* Standard execution brings up the gui, but terminates immediately.
* Debug mode tells me I have an "access violation" exception when Com_sprintf is called. Tracing back this looks like:

Com_sprintf(), FS_AddGameDirectory(), FS_InitFilesystem(), Qcommon_Init(), WinMain()

Using the "view disassembly" feature, I have narrowed the exception to a call to _chkstk().

For PQII
* Standard execution brings up the splash window telling me who wrote/ported the game, but that's all. It terminates immediately after.
* Debug mode gives me the same exception as PQI - "access violation" with this trace:

COM_LoadPackFile(), COM_AddGameDirectory(), COM_InitFileSystem(), COM_Init(), Host_Init(), WinMain().

"View disassembly" yields the same info as last time - the exception occurs when an assembly call is made to _chkstk().

Please, if anyone has any idea how to get round this, or solve it or another type of solution, get in contact with me. I've been wrestling with this for some time and need to get it working for a project.

Thanks!
Workman

Postby gamefreaks » Aug 22, 2005 @ 2:01pm

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. -Woody Allen
gamefreaks
pm Insider

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions