This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Overclocking and Quake...

Overclocking and Quake...

Postby FruitieX » Oct 10, 2006 @ 5:13pm

Hi,
I have overclocked my iPAQ rx3115 from 300MHz to 373MHz, it works a lot faster but some of my games including Quake work "too" fast. It's like fast forwarding them a little, the FPS is still shown the same as normal. How should i get rid of this problem and like normally get an FPS boost when OC'ing and not a "speed" boost like now? :/ I'm now stuck at 16,5 fps in the timedemo demo1 command to Quake, even if i underclock it, it still shows the same FPS but runs a lot slower. Also, if anyone knows a solution to another problem (sorry, off-topic :wink: ) Then why is my iPAQ yelling to me that "the battery temperature is too low, and the charging function is disabled temporarily" when i overclock too much?
Also the battery capacity then is something close to 2% even though i removed it from the cradle just a second ago from it being 100% (only happens if i overclock too much).

Regards,
Rasmus.
FruitieX
pm Member

Postby sponge » Oct 10, 2006 @ 9:00pm

It sounds like all of your problems root in overclocking. I'm guessing they're all related to the fact your device clearly doesn't like it. I have no clue otherwise.
holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Postby FruitieX » Oct 11, 2006 @ 2:23pm

Ok... Well, anyway i'll probably be buying a new pocket pc soon. Thanks...
FruitieX
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions