This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

[HTC Kaiser / tytn 2] Landscape mode not working on PQ

[HTC Kaiser / tytn 2] Landscape mode not working on PQ

Postby jhonnyx82 » May 9, 2010 @ 12:04pm

Hello to everybody,

I have an HTC Tytn 2 (Kaiser), of course CPU QUALCOMM 7200, and i installed Planet Quake 0.62 and i have also tryed with 0.70 (the one that the same guy with the same kaiser took video on youtube), everything seems fine but if i try to get the landscape mode the app just close without any notification...i have also tryed to modify the *.cfg files to start directly in landscape mode but the game just try to start and after it crashes...

what do i missed? checking the same guy with kaiser here : , i confess that i am a bit jealous :wink:

thank you all and have fun...i hope we could host a deathmach with our devices !
jhonnyx82
pm Member

Re: [HTC Kaiser / tytn 2] Landscape mode not working on PQ

Postby Dan East » May 10, 2010 @ 4:30am

I have a new build of PocketQuake which I will be releasing soon. It supports pretty much any device resolution and orientation natively, as well as fall-back standard resolutions (320x240, etc). It also supports QWERTY keyboards.

I will post an announcement here when it is ready, which will probably be in a week or two. I will need a handful of beta testers to try it before the public release.

Dan
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby jhonnyx82 » May 10, 2010 @ 7:09pm

Sign me in, i could handle some playing with my device, i have Quake full version with add ons already in my kaiser, so i am just waiting for you :D (i can't handle it with the actual resolution...toooooooo small, but GREAT JOB)

However you made my day when i found you porting of Quake!

Also...i didn't understood if Pocket Quake uses 3D hardware acceleration or not, just in case i installed the 3D device driver from htcclassaction.org

Hope to hear from you soon!
jhonnyx82
pm Member

Postby Dan East » May 10, 2010 @ 7:40pm

ATI commissioned me to make an OpenGL ES version of Pocket Quake for a chip they demoed a few years ago, so eventually I will update it and release it for Windows Mobile. However the current version is software rendering only.
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby jhonnyx82 » May 10, 2010 @ 8:51pm

Impressive. I think that mobile device are most challenging for a programmer due to lack of HW resources and for not defined standards (basicly is going on ad-hoc libraries and C++ i am checking...) . Because of that i find it fascinating as i am taking back my studies on programming going also at university again :D

I think it could be really good for you (and for us) to release a gl version of pocket quake beacuse despite all the complexity of the hw-pumped games on pc-console i think that all of these give still the feeling like "Oh wow, but was that worth my 400 € video card?" , instead gaming on-mobile it's more intriguing as you could do it anyware and quake is as simple as an enjoying game and placing your "signature" on it can only make it better for you.

Maybe i am a bit old-fashioned about gaming but thinking about wasting some time on a pc i get a bit bored about complexity and/or hw requestes or time consuming of a classical game, usually i could use a 15 minutes while i go from a customer to another maybe waiting for my job schedule on a bench in a park (it's not always sunbathing! :) )

I see from my job also that world is going "mobile" and it doesn't really last long time the last cutting edge technology, expecially if it doesnt give you freedom.

So...(i wrote a lot....) thank you for your efforts, appreciated!
Greetings from Italy!
jhonnyx82
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions