This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

MODs

MODs

Postby Malmer » May 19, 2001 @ 9:49pm

A simple "poll"...<br><br>How many of you guys would feel like creating mods for the game (from what you know now). It won't be technically hard, so that won't limit you. <br><br>I have a couple of options here...say what category you belong to, and give a little bit more detail...<br><br>1. I don't want to make a MOD.<br>2. I'm not much into mod making, but I'll do my own maps though<br>3. I'll modify the unit properties and create my own map.<br>4. I'll use graphics from an other RTS and create my own maps.<br>5. I'll create new units and new maps. <br>6. I'll do it all. I'll start a team and create a new story and cutscenes. new units and new maps. I'll even change the music and sounds.<br><br>// Fredrik<br>
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Re: MODs

Postby Diego Cueva » May 19, 2001 @ 10:27pm

Probably number 3.<br><br>I really like map design, to create missions, draw maps, play with units configs, etc. But I dont feel like I can create my own units... Looks hard. ;D
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 19, 2001 @ 10:42pm

Vote 1!!! do it for me!!!<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Matt Keys » May 19, 2001 @ 10:48pm

Um...I think Carp means vote 6
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 19, 2001 @ 11:06pm

Nope, Vote 1 if you love me!<br>Hehehe.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 19, 2001 @ 11:44pm

New Poll:<br>Who do you love the most?<br><br>----- VOTE 1 FOR CARPEDIEM!! ------<br><br>vote6forfredrik<br><br>:D
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Matt Keys » May 20, 2001 @ 12:01am

I see now..
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby randall » May 20, 2001 @ 12:26am

I'd have to say 5.5, or somewhere between 5 and 6.<br><br>This has absolutely nothing to do with Carpes poll, which then leans to 1. We have a short history of pathetic arguments. :)<br><br><br>Last modification: randall - 05/19/01 at 21:26:37
randall
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 20, 2001 @ 7:26am

It's just an internal joke between Fred and me<br>:D<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 20, 2001 @ 9:39am

I'd want to completely modify it. Number 6. But maps would be easy, just a black and white topographical elevation map. Carpe would just ahve to code in a map search routine.<br><br>To let you guys know, the ONLY thing I want out of this game is a compelling story behind it. Red Alert 2 was a very fun game, a whole lot better than Red Alert. The story was more interactive and the missions were fun, not a chore (sp?). I want cut-scenes, FMV, mission objects. I don't want to have to build an entirely new base in each mission. Sometimes I want to lead an attack team to infiltrate a base. That reminds me, will there be internal missions, like inside a building? StarCraft had missions like that. I don't think the current voxel engine would make it too hard to make actually. Just different textures.<br>I also want the controls to be as simple as possible. Click once on a ship, click once where you want it to go, etc. No double tapping if possible. Fast paced gaming, and I don't mean units that move quickly (that would be bad on a small screen like PPC's have).
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » May 20, 2001 @ 9:57am

will there be any pre rendered scenes?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » May 20, 2001 @ 12:53pm

We have a cutscene system that will use prerendered images. The cutscene system is VERY simple, but it will get the job done.<br><br>// Fredrik
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Paul » May 20, 2001 @ 1:17pm

goodo
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Digby » May 20, 2001 @ 3:14pm

Definitely choice #1 for me.  I don't have a lot of time on my hands to mess around with MODs.  I'll send you a check for $20 and play the game as it ships, but beyond that I have other things to do.<br><br>I agree with a lot of the things Moose said in his post about the game design except that I personally don't need a strong story to enjoy the game.<br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 20, 2001 @ 3:23pm

If there's no story in single player then there's no point to me. But we'd of course need a skirmish mode. An RTS needs both to be at all successful.
Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions