This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

New images

New images

Postby Malmer » May 30, 2001 @ 4:02pm

Hello!<br><br>Just wanted to tell you we updated the screenshot section of our site. Got some more buildings and some concept art up there...<br><br>// Fredrik
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Re: New images

Postby suchiaruzu » May 30, 2001 @ 4:19pm

[center]I'll buy this game the first day it's out. That's for sure! Woooooohooooo![/center]
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 30, 2001 @ 9:23pm

ummm no comment...
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » May 30, 2001 @ 9:36pm

Whats that supposed to mean chuck? you arent dumb enough to tell fredrick that you are going to pirate his game are you?
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Diego Cueva » May 30, 2001 @ 9:39pm

Chuck is evil. :)
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 30, 2001 @ 9:54pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 31, 2001 @ 2:44pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Malmer » May 31, 2001 @ 4:10pm

Regarding Shapeshifters comment: <br>Thanks...<br><br>And to Chuck: <br>When you see the explosions you will "melt" too...I know I did. And that was just a simple unit explosion. John is gonna render some big explosions with rings and everything...can't wait to see them.<br><br>// Fredrik<br><br>Last modification: Fredrik Malmer - 05/31/01 at 13:10:06
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 31, 2001 @ 8:20pm

ya, well seriously let me beta test :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby RavenRay » Jun 11, 2001 @ 4:58pm

OMG,  you guys have already got a glimps of it.  Dayam,  What I'll give just to see even a tinsy bit of what it looks like.  I'm like a big fan of Warcraft and Starcraft.....a lil bit of C&C.  Just a curiosity, it won't be like C&C right?  I mean, I like the game, it's just that when Blizzard came out with Warcraft and Starcraft, I couldn't find any other company that could compare to this.
"A rose blossom best at near death........and your at full bloom"
RavenRay
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Jun 11, 2001 @ 5:30pm

The differences between those games aren't enormous. I think our game is more WC2 than it is C&C, but I'm not really sure.<br><br>What type of things is it with C&C you don't like and what is it that you specifically like about WC2?<br><br>// Fredrik
Malmer
pm Member

Postby RavenRay » Jun 11, 2001 @ 5:38pm

Well, lets see.....In Starcraft, you got to use groupings for units over 9 or 12 something like that and C&C I think you couldn't do that.  But do correct me if i'm wrong.  In Startcraft, the AI engine was a lil better, but still too predictable.  In C&C, I did like the fact that you can create those guys that will take over the opposite enemy's factory and use some of there technology against them.  There's some pro's and cons to both games.  I really like the rendering on most of Blizzards games though.  Oh yeah, I think in C&C, you couldn't also like build multiple units, more over buildings.  You only could build like one type of building at one time.  I think, don't remember too much.  E.G. Like you could only build one barrack in C&C.  But if I'm wrong, some1 do correct me.
RavenRay
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » Jun 11, 2001 @ 6:52pm

I do prefer WC2 ove C&C myself. I prefer the fantasy element than the sci-fi (sorry guys :) )<br>But the art in red-alert2 is awesome, and I now really appreciate the level of detail and effort they have put into creating the art.<br><br>Argentum will still rock though!!<br><br>John
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby RavenRay » Jun 11, 2001 @ 7:13pm

YEAH!......so will this be more over fantasy or sci-fi?  Judging by how the post been going so far, it seems like it will more over trend over like WC2/SC.
RavenRay
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jun 11, 2001 @ 11:27pm

You can make multiple unit construction buildings and have a specific queue of units to be built, so yes, you can make more units at the same time if you have more buildings to make them.<br>My all time favourite is Starcraft, but argentum ended up being a mixture of them all with some new elements that make the game more original and innovative.<br>I have finished a level today, and coded Defensive AI, so for now the enemy will defend himself, rebuild his base and attack you if you dare attack his base. And let me tell you guys. IT'S HARD!, i couldn't beat it yet.<br><br>We'll have a video for you guys as soon as we get some nice soldiers or robots or whatever unit we get next.<br><br>And it will definitely be a sci-fi game, that's my favourite genre.<br><br>For now we can group as many units as we want, but i think we'll restrict it to like 12 or 14 to make it even more challenging.<br><br>Graphically it is one of the best looking games on the pocketPC, all thanks to John and Fredrik. You'll see.<br><br>Anyways, we have a new name for our company and we have recently registered in the USA, but i'll tell you guys more about that later.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions