This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

$

$

Postby Dr. Phat » May 19, 2001 @ 11:41am

How much am i going to have to shell out for this one? Ill be glad to pay up to $40, no more. Or else i'll just pay it unhappily.
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Re: $

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 19, 2001 @ 12:45pm

Shush!!! It's going to be FREE, duh! ;D
Moose or Chuck

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 19, 2001 @ 1:36pm

Lol.<br>$40?<br>what a generous man Dr. Phat.<br><br>It's not going to be free, but it will have a very affordable price so No prob.<br>:o)<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 19, 2001 @ 2:58pm

I really have no clue of how many copies we could sell, i would be very very pleased to just sell 100 copies in order to get enough money to get a Microdrive.<br>:)<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Steve » May 19, 2001 @ 3:33pm

I'm sure you'll get more sales if you have a playable demo available to try-before-you-buy.
Steve

Postby Malmer » May 19, 2001 @ 3:34pm

We haven't decided how much we will charge for it...We'll see...It won't free though...sorry guys?<br><br>// Fredrik<br><br>
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » May 19, 2001 @ 4:00pm

We will have a demo version for everyone to try out. Don't worry about that.<br><br>// Fredrik<br><br><br><br><br>
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Matt Keys » May 19, 2001 @ 5:24pm

Maybe Chuck can see to it that it stays off the warez channels... I think he runs a bot on there doesnt he? It is probably a useless cause trying though, someone will upload it somewhere.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby 999 » May 19, 2001 @ 6:21pm

TurjahII was on the warez boards days before it was even released >:(<br><br>If you plan on making enough to really buy an MD, try to incorporate a spyware protection like most new PC and Palm apps are doing. Otherwise, you've got a golden week before it turns up as a PDAZone or ICE release. :(<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Dr. Phat » May 19, 2001 @ 6:55pm

Where cold i find a warez site..?~ <br>It pisses me offall these people getting crap for free from already underpaid programmers. Napster was good because singers are overpaid, but developers are poor.
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Malmer » May 19, 2001 @ 7:14pm

Spyware protection...and how would that be implemented?...nah I don't like the idea of tracking people down...must be other ways...<br><br>I think the best way is to have some kind of system where you give registered users some extra goodies...but on the other hand...these will probably be on the warez sites too...<br><br>Really, what is the matter with some of you guys? Why do you pirate software anyways? It is stealing. It doesn't matter if they make loads of money. It is still stealing...and to be honest I don't think any CE developer makes loads of money. And if they do they probably have quite big expenses. Why steal from the people giving you guys great software. Take a game like RocketElite. I have never played it since I don't have an iPAQ, but it is supposed to be GREAT. Why then go and pirate it? Then the programmer who put a lot of effort into making it gets nothing. And in the end he will stop producing other great titles, because he sees that the profit isn't that great. Instead he will end up at the local McDonalds or something. "But it won't make any difference if I pirate...I'm only one person". Yes you might be only one person, but there are others who think like that too. Be better than "them". Be someone who does the right thing. Go and buy RocketElite and Turjah 2. And don't say you can't afford it. You could afford to buy one of the most expensive PDA:s on the market, couldn't you? I'm not saying this only because I don't want you to pirate our software, to me it is a personal issue. Pirated software is wrong. Specially in a market like the PDA market where there aren't any big "evil" gamedevelopers who never listens to the people. The PDA devscene are mostly people of flesh and blood, staying up day and night to get cool software out there.<br><br>Anyways...I just don't like pirated software. Do you guys have any ideas on copyprotection for those people who didn't agree on my above statements?<br><br>// Fredrik<br>
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Shir0t » May 19, 2001 @ 7:32pm

I can't think of the last piece of cracked software I've seen - Turjah 2 wasn't cracked, it was released from a secure server. This enabled all the losers who bought a copy to excercise their philanthropic "tendencies" and post the simple, easy-to-use, serial-free installer. Release only shareware, serial protected copies and then _update often_. Crackers will go after the first copy (zero-day warez anyone?) getting bored with cracking every subsequent update. It seems to me you have a great piece of software and it's sad that warez monkeys are going to exploit it like everything else - good luck.
Shir0t

Postby suchiaruzu » May 19, 2001 @ 7:36pm

Yeah; do it the way the developers of "The Mark" and Solskia do: New campaigns are accessable online and stuff. That will do it, i think.
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » May 19, 2001 @ 7:53pm

Shir0t:<br><br>...or they just post the reg-code online and there is no need to go cracking. Serial protected code is no use.<br><br>An other very good way to make your software free from pirating is to write really crappy software ;)<br><br>But I don't think the way is to go after those who release the warez. It's better to make as few people as possible warez it. ie. make them feel bad about using a pirated copy. Because those who spread the warez never feel bad about it...they are the badguys.<br><br>There would be great if the mayor pocketpc sites, such as Dale's ppcpassion and Mike's pocketgamer had a network of "sites against warez" or something. Where they have statements about how bad it is and how poor all developers are. On the other hand that might have the opposite effect: "What? Can you pirate PPC software...where? I must find out..." ;)<br><br>Now what about hardware locks...nah...<br><br>// Fredrik<br>
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 19, 2001 @ 8:05pm

Just program a random reg code into the compiler, so each version has a different reg code. Then make the game only downloadable from a secure server. That will cut down on it by 50%, but it's still possible to warez it.
Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions