This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PixelWar

PixelWar

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 28, 2001 @ 4:00pm

Hey there, I just thought i should drop a line or two with some news about Argentum.<br>First of all we have decided to start a gaming company with Fredrik, So we'll hopefully be making more top quality games in the future.<br>Our company will be called Pixelwar, what do you guys think?<br>Image<br><br>I also wanted to tell you guys that the game Engine is basically finished, it has everything a top quality RTS game has, Pathfinding, Collision aviodance, Enemy AI etc etc. It's very nice to see it come to life when the enemy automatically builds ITBA's (that's the name of the resource gatherer unit) and automatically finds the closest mineral and starts doing his job while avioding obstacles etc etc.<br><br>Now it's time to make unit graphics and maps, so we'll hopefully have the game finished in about a month.<br><br>I promise this game will be one of the best 3 games available for the PocketPC, you'll see. It already looks better than many PC RTS games, and don't worry, this game will not only be nice graphics, it will be very fun to play too!. Plus you will have the option to make your own Mod paks or perhaps if you don't feel like making your own maps and units, we'll make some expansion packs with newer missions that will be available for a very very small price.<br>John Lomax is doing an outstanding job, we'll hopefully have some rendered Images on the website soon for you guys to check out.<br><br>:)<br><br>C ya guys.<br><br><br>Last modification: CARPEDIEM - 05/28/01 at 13:00:25
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Re: PixelWar

Postby Paul » May 28, 2001 @ 4:15pm

wow, a proper company, woohoo
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Dr. Phat » May 28, 2001 @ 4:59pm

good luck (youll need it) 8)
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Diego Cueva » May 28, 2001 @ 5:26pm

"Pixelwar"? lol, cool name... :)
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Matt Keys » May 28, 2001 @ 6:46pm

Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 28, 2001 @ 7:12pm

CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby randall » May 28, 2001 @ 8:43pm

I don't know what the minimum age is for starting a company. I am in the process of registering my company and getting it trademarked (of course I am probably the oldest person on this board).<br><br>How do people like Shawn Fanning (Napster) start their company's at 17 years old?<br><br>I'd really like to see Carpe and Fredrik start a full-blown company. It doesn't mean alot of money has to be invested and they have to have offices.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Chris Edwards » May 28, 2001 @ 10:16pm

We are thinking of making PocketMatrix a company in the near future.<br><br>BTW: I'm older than matt.<br><br>In Canada, it costs a small fee ($100) or something to become provincially incorporated. I think we'll become an american company though. 'Cause the USA is cool, and that's where Matt lives.<br><br>Congrat's on the new company! Keep up the good work.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby randall » May 28, 2001 @ 11:14pm

I knew Chris lived in Canada, I just figured Matt did too.<br><br>It doesn't require much to incorporate- which is the route I am going. Sole proprietorship doesn't seem to work too well in the tech industry, in general (I could be wrong).<br><br>If Carpe and Fredrik create a registered company, they'll have assets and intellectual property which they can SELL or license. Of course they could sell their ideas anyway, but the collective property of PixelWar would be more attractive and would generate a higher price.<br><br>Who knows, maybe they'll get bought out by Valve for 5 million.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Chris Edwards » May 28, 2001 @ 11:34pm

Yah, I was looking into incorporating a web company i had started a few years ago, but the company fell apart because I was so busy, and the other people working with me had no skills.<br><br>Yah, I'm sure Valve wants a part of the Handheld world. Maybe they would get Carpe and Fredrik (pixelwar) to port Halflife to PPC :).<br><br>PocketMatrix would be glad to help you guys out as much as possible.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Jaybot » May 29, 2001 @ 1:05am

You're right randall, sole proprietorship doesn't seem to work too well in any industry, especially in the United States, the taz laws just don't allow it.  The best way to go is to incorporate, a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) is usually the best starting point.<br><br>..... but I'm just a drunkard and know nothing. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » May 29, 2001 @ 1:07am

That was supposed to be tax laws, but I'm sure you knew what I was talkig about.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby randall » May 29, 2001 @ 1:28am

I just figured George Bush was pushing a new law against the Tasmanian Devil. The Taz law states that at no time are you allowed to feed Taz a stick of dynamite and make him go "Boom!".<br><br>Looks like Bugs Bunny is out of a job.<br><br>Oops. Lets not let this get off topic.<br><br>Has PixelWar thought about licensing their Argentum engine?
randall
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » May 29, 2001 @ 4:26am

LOL! :D
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » May 29, 2001 @ 5:12am

We haven't thought about licensing it...but that's a good idea. If someone wants to make a fullblown conversion of the game into, say a fantasy game, and want to charge for it then I guess they have to license it. <br><br>And there is a little bit more than just the units and maps left...<br><br>// Fredrik<br>
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions