This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Leaked screenshot

Leaked screenshot

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jul 6, 2001 @ 6:23pm

CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Pictures.

Postby Junian Widjaja » Jul 6, 2001 @ 7:08pm

I seriously doubt Jorgen will take a leak picture without considering to contact Ionside. That would be highly unusual. In fact Ionside is sort of the "favorite" design house within Infosync. (well I know I do). So personally I don't think it is what it seems to be suggested. Otherwise, that certainly will screw up everything that Ionside works very hard for.<br><br>But just in case, I will kick Jorgen butt anyway for the heck of it. Since he has been kicking my butt a lot lately, not to mention he didn't tell me this juicy picture with me. hmmmpfff...<br><br>:D<br><br>cheers all.<br><br>J. Widjaja<br>
Junian Widjaja

Re: Leaked screenshot

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jul 6, 2001 @ 7:09pm

No please!, i'm not accusing anyone!<br>Plus i wouldn't really care (for this time).<br><br>Anyways, i think i know how they got the screenshot, it is in the ionside.com website, i guess they just changed the filename screenshot03 for screenshot04.jpg and they got lucky<br>:o)
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby John Lomax » Jul 6, 2001 @ 7:22pm

Thats cool. Glad thats cleared up. Hey freddy, u ok....havent heard from u in a few days. Mail me more dude. I would like to keep in contact with you guys more.<br><br>J
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » Jul 6, 2001 @ 7:31pm

Carpy dude, I obviously I have a version, but I have nothing to do with the screen.<br><br>I wouldnt do that without asking you guys anyway.<br><br>I havent heard from fredrik in a while. Hope he is ok.<br><br>J Last modification: John Lomax - 07/06/01 at 16:31:44
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Junian Widjaja » Jul 6, 2001 @ 8:03pm

It's ok. come on do it for me, just tell me I can kick his butt, then say oops later. *lol*<br><br>he won't do a thing, since he kinda like your work.<br><br>But to be in the serious side, I would apologize before hand for any inconviniences, regardless if there is or there is no wrong doing.<br><br>Everybody in InfoSync has been running too tired lately with some incoming big media signing that has to be dealt delicately. So this might manifest slightly in this 'wacko' situation. And your program is supposedly inside the "red carpet treatment/no error is accepted" list. So you would understand how this set off all warning lights. This is about as embarrasing as serving a soup with a dead fly in it. <br><br>Believe we try to run everything with Swiss watch precission. And this definitely doesn't sound like Rolex tick. :)<br><br>eh, anyway.<br>just tell me if you want to kick his butt. He's been kicking my butt so often, I definitely can use this opportunity *lol*<br><br>cheers.<br><br>J. Widjaja<br>widjaja@infosync.no<br><br><br>
Junian Widjaja

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 6, 2001 @ 8:38pm

Hey Carpe, you were right about the screenshot, just had a look:<br>Image<br>While only 3 screenshots are displayed on the site. Now we gotta ask ourselves: Mistake or EasterEgg?<br>"Fredrik Malmer: EasterEgg!!!"
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Jul 6, 2001 @ 10:08pm

Oh, that looks so much better than Invasion.
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Jørgen Sundgot » Jul 7, 2001 @ 5:12am

Hello everyone,<br><br>Junian told me about this thread in an e-mail, so I felt I had to clear things up though CARPEDIEM here already seems to have guessed my little trick: Yes, I just got lucky when renaming the screenshot numbers to see if there were any other goodies hidden beyond the three that were displayed on the site :)<br><br>I'd like to apologize for not checking it out with the developers, but I guess that in my eagerness to show off what in my humble opinion seems to be one of the best games this far - if not THE best game - for the Pocket PC platform (nobody can tell I'm a fan of strategy games, right?), I jumped the gun.<br><br>Lastly, I'd just like to encourage you to keep up the good work - I'm a fan, and if you'd like to talk more to me about your game (I know I'm interested), please feel free to drop me an e-mail anytime :)<br><br>Have a nice weekend all!<br><br>Best regards,<br><br>Jørgen Sundgot,<br>Editor-in-chief<br>infoSync (www.infosync.no/en)
Jørgen Sundgot

Postby Malmer » Jul 7, 2001 @ 7:12am

All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Jul 7, 2001 @ 7:13am

We don't really mind that screenshot getting out, even though it has some items in it that are dated...either way, it gives a good view of how different types of terrain the game features. Hope you all see the advantage with this approach compared to the tile-based variant some other games (*cough*) use. Also notice how nice the alpha blending is compared to the hard edges of the sprites in certain games (*cough again*). <br><br>Oh, and thanks infosyncers for the nice cover of our game. As for "snail pace" you shouldn't have to worry about that. You've all seen (I hope) the in-game video of the game. That is from a normal Casio EM-500 running the default 150 MHz (ie. not overclocked). I've spent quite some time on the drawing rouintes and I notice no real difference in speed when I remove the alpha blending. The code is pretty much optimized.<br><br>And wait till you see our units with shadows...Shadows of the tanks and stuff made it all so much better...<br><br>As for hardware requirements this game will run on all devices with a 16-bit video-buffer. That means iPAQ, Casios, and the Jornada (but not the old 525 which has 256 colors). Speed on iPAQ and Casio is good. We don't know about the Jornada. We'll see how good it runs. Will probably be ok.<br><br>// Fredrik<br>Last modification: Fredrik Malmer - 07/07/01 at 04:13:03
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 7, 2001 @ 10:52am

Moose or Chuck

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jul 7, 2001 @ 12:13pm

CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 7, 2001 @ 1:22pm